FASCINATION PICTURE REVIEW, extended family, handicap, HALF MOON & ATLANTIS waterpark

mpcaruth

Still enjoying your review

Thanks. I wish I could complete it quicker, but it takes hours each night to sort through photos, edit, upload, scan, and gather my thoughts. I wish CC would allow me to go back and edit typos.

Thanks. I wish I could complete it quicker, but it takes hours each night to sort through photos, edit, upload, scan, and gather my thoughts. I wish CC would allow me to go back and edit typos.

Yeah they are very time consuming. But keep in mind that everyone totally appreciates what you do to put it together for all of us

Thank you so much for doing this review. I got that email about tips and smoking this morning and was getting "an attitude" towards Carnival:eek:- and your review snapped me out of it. :p Going on my 4th Fascination Cruise in 121 days, same itinerary, I love HMC.

Great insight regarding your Mom and the island. I am traveling with a friend this year (DH has not been well and will use vacation time during surgery and my BF said she would go in his place , since the cruise was paid for) and she has mobility issues. She walks but not well. And we have an early shore excursion, so thank you so much for printing the Fun Times that states we have to be ready to go at 7:45. I hope she does not have problems with the tender. She needs to be steady all the time.

Any way, thank you for readjusting my attitude today, and I cant wait for my next Carnival Cruise!:)

Thank you so much for doing this review. I got that email about tips and smoking this morning and was getting "an attitude" towards Carnival:eek:- and your review snapped me out of it. :p Going on my 4th Fascination Cruise in 121 days, same itinerary, I love HMC.

Great insight regarding your Mom and the island. I am traveling with a friend this year (DH has not been well and will use vacation time during surgery and my BF said she would go in his place , since the cruise was paid for) and she has mobility issues. She walks but not well. And we have an early shore excursion, so thank you so much for printing the Fun Times that states we have to be ready to go at 7:45. I hope she does not have problems with the tender. She needs to be steady all the time.

Any way, thank you for readjusting my attitude today, and I cant wait for my next Carnival Cruise!:)

Daydreaming about cruising always improves my mood. Even when there are things that irritate me about Carnival, I have always felt Carnival offers a great vacation at good value. Have fun on your cruise!

Just a quick question........did the guide use an accessible ramp van or a van with a lift?? I am unable to stand, pivot, or shuffle so I have to have some way to get into the vehicle while still in my large & very heavy power chair. I have found many options for those who can stand and shuffle but nothing for people like me.

I contacted Branderlee with your question, and here is her response, " I don't have a van that can accomodate a scooter but I have a friend with a handicap van that can accomodate any size *wheel chair or scooter with out them getting out their scooter." You can contact her directly at brenhepburn@hotmail.com if you have additional questions.

Loving your review... Your kids look a lot like you... I picked them out from your embarkation photo!

Thanks! There is no denying them. Everyone tells me my daughter is a mini me with lighter hair.

Thank you for the great review. Definitely looking forward to the Half Moon Cay section because we will be there in 3 1/2 weeka

You will love Half Moon Cay. It is so beautiful and relaxing!!!

Thanks so much for the wonderfully detailed review and pictures of HMC and Nassau! I'm much better prepared for those two ports now for our October cruise! :)

That's the purpose of my review: to help others prepare for their cruise.

PAST GUEST PARTY:

This is a party offered by Carnival to Gold and higher VIFP members. On this cruise it was held the last sea day around 5:00. We finished up with the scavenger hunt and headed directly to the aft lounge for the party. Shocker: there were probably only 50-75 guests! On our January Carnival cruises, the party is held in the main theater and the lower level is typically very crowded. I guess passengers on the shorter summer cruise, which attracts many younger families, do not have much cruising experience under their belts.

We enjoyed the sparse event, were actually able to get lots of individual attention. My son got two Dr. Peppers and my daughter got two alcohol-free Miami Vices (strawberry daiquiri on one side and pina colada on the other). My husband and I each had two of the rum punches there were carrying around. I will warn you, they were large and strong! At the end of the party, they had some made up, and gave us each one as we were heading out the door. Which we took to dinner and gave to my brother and his wife.

They had a live band and had few people dancing. My husband, actually asked me to dance!!! (He never likes to get up in front of people and doesn't really like to dance). I actually saw my daughter clap her hands and giggle. She is such a romantic!

See how few VIFP's:

P1070534_zps5eb83384.jpg

See how many drinks:

P1070533_zps780a1230.jpg

Hors d'oeuvres:

P1070528_zps13731f2c.jpg

Cheers!

P1070535_zpseb92f39b.jpg

We really were in a fun party mode! We were still wearing our medals from the scavenger hunt and they gave us mardi gras beads at the party. Near the end of the party, we had a family vote for our January Cruise... we would hit the Future Cruise Desk before heading to dinner.

Future Carnival Vacation (future cruise booked onboard):

This is the first time I had ever waited so late to book our January cruise, for numerous reasons. I needed to wait to coordinate the date with the school calendar, as they were making changes because of the nearly 15 snow days last year. It was a good thing we waited, because we needed to go a week later next year (the kids will only miss 3 days of school due to holiday and teacher workday). So, that meant the Breeze cruise was out. I then wanted Freedom of the Seas the following week, and a week before I went to book they announced a dry dock. So… we ended up narrowing it down to two choices: 1) 5-day Paradise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman (super cheap) to be combined with Sea World, or 2) 7-day Sunshine to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya. After a short pros and cons discussion during the Past Guest Party, it was unanimously voted by all four of us to sail the SUNSHINE! (We had seen it docked beside our NCL ship in New Orleans and it looked so FUNNNNNN).

We headed straight to the Loyalty Desk. I am a researcher, and I knew which cabin I wanted and what the price would be. I had been watching the cabin price for the January cruise for nearly 2 months and they had not changed. The cabin class we wanted (4J quad) had 8 cabins available and not a single one was ever reserved while I watched them. So, I was pretty confident that the price would not go up in June, and I took the gamble to book onboard to get the free $100 OBC.

I had read from others on CC that the Loyalty crew members often we less than competent in the booking process. So, given that info, I decided not to book Early Saver rate (which does not allow booking changes without a penalty) and booked Past Guest rate knowing I could change the booking if there were a mistake. Well I tried to book onboard… The Loyalty crew member could not get the booking program to work. So, she gave us two pamphlets for friends and her email address. I was instructed to email her when we returned and she would do the booking then. The pamphlets contain vouchers for two friends’ booking for the same cruise, and they will each receive the same OBC.

After a week of emailing back and forth, we finally got our cabin booked and the $100 did, in fact, show up on our booking. I must add, she was definitely lacking in her knowledge of cabins and the booking process (confirming the statement I made above and the suggestion to not book ES rate). I emailed her the exact cabin that I wanted and said it was in interior with picture window. She email back, “cute, lol”, and then quoted the price for an interior cabin. She did not know what “picture window” was, and had thought I had made a joke. I had to further explain category 4J.

I have since transferred my booking to my TA to get additional OBC and to get the lower ES rate (which was $130 cheaper than Past Guest rate). I will also get to redeem my TA’s loyalty gift card I get following every cruise I book through my TA. So, that is another $25 OBC. Some of you may think it is too much work, but I actually enjoy maximizing my free perks. I have nearly always managed to get enough OBC to pay for gratuities and sometimes more.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry everyone that I have not finished my review yet. I know how that can be irritating. My excuses... been a busy summer with the kids, my laptop died, and right now I am in NYC. I love NYC, but directly out of my hotel window is the Hudson River with a cruise ship docked. We saw the Splendor on Wednesday, too. I wish I were extending this mini vacation with a cruise.

Once my new laptop comes in and us set up, I will finish my review. Thank for your patience.

We did the Fascination in 2012. Had been spoiled with the Liberty previously, and three pools. (we love to spend the day at the aft pool on her) The one pool was a huge dislike of ours. Small, loud, crowded, no shade, and cloudy water by 2pm. Serenity on Fascination was anything but-due to fellow adults!

• 2 weeks later...
The FUNTIMES have bee uploaded.

I know how hard these are to find sometimes, so enjoy!

Day 1 - Welcome Aboard:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oyujRZr-k4QnU5cE15NTlEYnc/edit?usp=sharing

Day 2 - Sea Day

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oyujRZr-k4VWV6VDlfOVdSWkk/edit?usp=sharing

Day 3 - Nassau

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oyujRZr-k4aFBhVlRTM2x2T00/edit?usp=sharing

Day 4 - Half Moon Cay

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oyujRZr-k4UFk1b0E5eGNYRmM/edit?usp=sharing

Day 5 - Sea Day

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oyujRZr-k4bE9YRGNsTWZFeWs/edit?usp=sharing

Day 6 - Are you kidding me??? Get the heck off our ship!

So happy to see these!! I am still reading....but hoping that in your review, I find the menus from this cruise also!! We leave on the 25th....woo hoo!!