Vision or Change and does size matter?

My wife and I are currently booked on Vision in November to the Caribbean. My wife is very skeptical of cruising in general. I'm not forcing her on the cruise but it did take some persuading. Having said that, she needs to have a great time if I hope to cruise again in the future.

We are booked on the Vision of the Seas to Western Caribbean departing in November. I booked in February but have not paid my full balance. After reading some of the reviews, and realizing this is a smaller ship which may have more limited options for food and entertainment, I'm starting to second guess my choice. According to Cruise Critic users, Vision is rated #20 of 21 ships (22 and 23 are new in 2014 and 2015 and thus should not be counted). I've looked a few itineraries, and we could take Freedom (ranked #3) or another company altogether.

Would your recommend I remain with Vision or look to another ship? Any advice would be helpful!

My wife and I are currently booked on Vision in November to the Caribbean. My wife is very skeptical of cruising in general. I'm not forcing her on the cruise but it did take some persuading. Having said that, she needs to have a great time if I hope to cruise again in the future.

We are booked on the Vision of the Seas to Western Caribbean departing in November. I booked in February but have not paid my full balance. After reading some of the reviews, and realizing this is a smaller ship which may have more limited options for food and entertainment, I'm starting to second guess my choice. According to Cruise Critic users, Vision is rated #20 of 21 ships (22 and 23 are new in 2014 and 2015 and thus should not be counted). I've looked a few itineraries, and we could take Freedom (ranked #3) or another company altogether.

Would your recommend I remain with Vision or look to another ship? Any advice would be helpful!

If you look at my signature you will notice that I have cruised on a lot of RCCL ships. We are booked on Vision B2B in November and have no intention of changing. It is a 78,000 ton ship that has just been refurbished with all the specialty restaurants. We were on her 10 years ago and it was the nicest ship we had ever been on. That being said the mega ships like Freedom have lots of additional things because of the size. Freedom has an ice rink and the added benefit of the ice show. There are side by side outdoor pools plus the H20 zone for kids. There is also the Promenade with all the shops and specialty venues. I have noticed the negative comments on Vision as well and I feel like these issues get addressed by hotel and beverage management to sort things out. If there is an issue with anything we would not be bashful to address them immediately while on board.

A lot of new cruisers are either intimidated by the mega ships or totally wowed by all the features. We loved Freedom and would sail that class again.We are sailing Vision for the itinerary and the fact that it home ports in Tampa at the end of the cruise. So, we'll get here at the end of the cruise and be home in 25 minutes. RCCL has virtual tours on it's web site so you might want to check those out for each ship.

We did Freedom, Navigator and Oasis and we both agree that Freedom class will be our favourite. Next one is Adventure, though, as any cruise is better than no cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Vision is a nice size. Without much to compare, your wife will not think this is a small ship, I think the greater danger is thinking that Freedom is too big.

Remember, just a few years back, in the late 90s, Vision was a MEGA ship.

[quote=According to Cruise Critic users, Vision is rated #20 of 21 ships (22 and 23 are new in 2014 and 2015 and thus should not be counted)

Interested to see the list of the rated ships in the fleet, can you post the link to the thread. Thanks

Second that, going on Freedom. Great ship and more to do than Vision, that said

As with all reviews there will be good and bad.. We would still sail on Vision if it was at a time and place and Itinerary that suited us.

I have read a lot of the reviews on Vision, and would not hesitate to sail on her.

IMHO which ever you decide you'll have a great time:)

You really need to take reviews with a grain of salt. You can't believe the ones that say everything was absolutely perfect but you also can't believe the ones that are nothing but complaints. Your best bet is to stop reading the reviews and make up your own mind about this ship after you have sailed. If you set your expectations too high, you are going to be disappointed but if you go into this cruise expecting the worst, you are going to find something wrong with everything you encounter.

You researched this cruise and booked it because you wanted to sail this ship. Don't second guess yourself. You know this isn't a Freedom ship or an Oasis but it also isn't the SS Minnow either.

Go and enjoy yourself.

I have sailed on the Vision in Feb. this year. It's a smaller ship but a great ship. Nice people and shows i don't now because we did a cruise that was in Spanisch. It's modern after last years drydock. Go for it.