Just back from DREAM- Glad we had FTRF!

momof4boys

Just back and I'll write review when we get home from our 13 hour drive. So glad we had FTTF! Apparently Carnival had a fleetwide system issue wit credit cards. (At least that is what they were telling everyone. First night at midnight my boYsS & s cards were rejected and they wee told that I needed to come down to reswipe card. I got to guest services and got in the FTTF short line.. I was first in line. The other side had no less than 20 people (at 12:15 am) needed to have their CC reswiped

No problem with reswiping. I thought it was a goof up at embarkation. Day 2 after first port I went to purchase our formal family puctures and my card was rejected. Again. I got in priority line around 8 pm and the other line was snaked into the lobb with mad cruisers . At this point the CCL reps were apologizing and explaining that across the fleet somspellinge kind of system error was deleting info and csusing S&S cards to be rejected. I had my CC reswiped but overheard some passengers saying that they had been in line. 4-6 times with the same issue. So glad I didn 't have to wait in those long lines anxious to hear if it really was system wide. Had a blast on trip and I'll post a review soon!

Edited by momof4boys
Spelling

We were on the Dream last summer and loved FTTF. I know a lot of people say it's a waste of money but I really think that's the tightwads that have never used it saying that. If you use it you love it.;) For only $50 our entire family gets priority boarding (we go straight to the short line), priority tendering, priority cabin entry (we can go straight to our cabin when we board), our luggage is priority and arrives hours earlier, we can use the almost always empty platinum line instead of the normal line that always seems to have 20+ people in it. Using the platinum line at the pursers desk alone makes it worth it to me. We always need something there like lost S&S cards need to be replaced, incorrect charges on our account need to be corrected, money lost on the laundry machines, or our S&S cards won't work and needs replacing (happens often.) Instead of spending 20-30 minutes in line each time I'm done in less than 5 minutes with use of the platinum line with my FTTF. :D Altogether it saves us hours of time standing in line and allows us to spend those hours elsewhere enjoying our cruise. IMHO it's money well spent and worth every penny. That's why we got FTTF for our upcoming Freedom cruise. We won't cruise without it now. :)

Yes, FTTF's can now use my Platinum line at guest services.

Who knew evandbob owned Carnival and therefore owns the Platinum line at guest services?

I understand that you have "earned" your way to Platinum, while us low lives had to pay $50 to receive a limited amount of the same privileges you have, but why such the animosity? How you do know the difference between a platinum person in line versus a FTTF, aside from seeing their S & S card? From everything that I have read, there are so few FTTF people on board vs. Platinum that you shouldn't even notice a difference in service.

Sometimes I think Platinum guests that throw around that they are Platinum guests need to get a life.

So glad you put that out there Lizzie... I am so sick of the Platinum mentality and their hatefulness toward everyone else... To me when you start acting this pompous, It may be time for you to get a life and remember that other people could care less how many cruises you have been on or spent money on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who knew evandbob owned Carnival and therefore owns the Platinum line at guest services?

I understand that you have "earned" your way to Platinum, while us low lives had to pay $50 to receive a limited amount of the same privileges you have, but why such the animosity? How you do know the difference between a platinum person in line versus a FTTF, aside from seeing their S & S card? From everything that I have read, there are so few FTTF people on board vs. Platinum that you shouldn't even notice a difference in service.

Sometimes I think Platinum guests that throw around that they are Platinum guests need to get a life.

^^^ PREACH honey!!! I feel you! Anyone that feels like they own a line needs to get over themselves. It's not that serious lol

Yes, FTTF's can now use my Platinum line at guest services.

Awwww how cute. Ego envy

😒

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015