Favorite Ship and Favorite Port.

Susie51

If you had asked me this question before last October, I would have absolutely said the Rotterdam as my favorite ship, but I have really grown to love the Eurodam. Especially since we are tending toward larger ships. The Eurodam has all the best features of the R-Class ships and none of the drawbacks of the Vista-Class. And I love the glass elevators at midship!

Favorite port is harder to quantify. I love the Canada/New England itinerary, and Quebec is a great port, but I think St. John, NFL is my favorite port I've done on that cruise. Overall though, I think Helsinki is my all-time favorite port. I had such a great time there and felt very welcome.

(No, I can never answer in just a couple of words. ;) :) )

favorite ship: Volendam

best cruise : on the Noordam

favorite port: Malta (love the sail in/sail out past the ochre colored buildings)

ports I would love to visit again: Palma de Mallorca, Santorini

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

I have only been on two HAL ships. The Oosterdam twice and once on the Noordam. I enjoyed all three cruises but the nod goes to the Noordam. My favorite port has to be Santorini. We were the only ship there and we had the town to ourselves.

I've only done two cruises so far when I was a teenager (Veendam Alaska '99, Maasdam Western Caribbean '01)... so on nearly identical ships but totally different itineraries. Will be on the Amsterdam next month in Alaska again so I'll see how she feels compared to the other two :)

My favorite port I've been to I would say Skagway, AK. Loved the old town feel and we did an incredible pilot's choice helicopter glacier excursion from Skagway. Looking forward to more places to see in the future!

I saw this on another cruise line forum and wanted to know what is your favorite HAL ship and favorite HAL port.

What's your favorites?

How can you pick just one? I have enjoyed the uniqueness of each ship I've been on.

Same with the ports, it would be easier to say where I'd rather NOT go again! Loved so many of them.......

1.)The ship I am on.

2) The port I am headed to.

I say this because I am on the Oosterdam and headed to Ketchikan.

Seriously My favorite ship is the Nieuw Amsterdam and my favorite port is a toos up between St. Maarten and the Island of Curacao

If forced to make that hard choice, I would have to say the Amsterdam. I also like the Westerdam.

Selecting a favorite port is even harder, but I have to pick Monaco and I also really love Key West, mostly because its where I plan on retiring to at some point.