Grandeur Questions

Taking Grandeur to Bahamas next month. 25th wedding anniversary

We've been on Navigator 6 years ago and Enchantment 3 years ago. HAL's Westerdam 8 years ago.

Is the Solarium roof open in good weather?

Is the no child rule enforced?

Can we make reservations for the specialty restauraunts on the day we want to go? We typically look at the MDR menu when its posted and then decide if we want to eat there or somewhere else. We did not eat in the specialty dining on the EOS but did eat at one on Navigator (can't say I remember it one way or another)

Does the ship pick up provisions in Port Canaveral or Nassau? The idea of sushi is the freshness of the fish; week old tuna or salmon, no matter how cold the refrigerator is still week old fish.

We have our docs and the 8:00 seating but no mention of, nor were we asked, how many at our table. The one cruise we took as a couple we had a a table for 4 and had nothing to say to the other couple. We would prefer a table for 2 but if we had to eat with new people we'd prefer a larger table. How do you find out, not location, but table size?

Can our cabin attendant provide us with towels for the pool? we are staying in a JS cabin if that matters.

Is the MDR menu standard across the line or does each ship set its own menu?

I'll think of more as time goes on.

We really need a vac a

Taking Grandeur to Bahamas next month. 25th wedding anniversary

We've been on Navigator 6 years ago and Enchantment 3 years ago. HAL's Westerdam 8 years ago.

Is the Solarium roof open in good weather? Yes

Is the no child rule enforced? Yes

Can we make reservations for the specialty restauraunts on the day we want to go? We typically look at the MDR menu when its posted and then decide if we want to eat there or somewhere else. We did not eat in the specialty dining on the EOS but did eat at one on Navigator (can't say I remember it one way or another) You can try. It depends on what's available.

Does the ship pick up provisions in Port Canaveral or Nassau? The idea of sushi is the freshness of the fish; week old tuna or salmon, no matter how cold the refrigerator is still week old fish. They stock in Baltimore for most items. I'm sure they pick up some things in other ports, but not sure what/where.

We have our docs and the 8:00 seating but no mention of, nor were we asked, how many at our table. The one cruise we took as a couple we had a a table for 4 and had nothing to say to the other couple. We would prefer a table for 2 but if we had to eat with new people we'd prefer a larger table. How do you find out, not location, but table size? When you booked, you should have requested the size of the table. If you booked through a TA, have them request it, if through RCI, contact them.

Can our cabin attendant provide us with towels for the pool? we are staying in a JS cabin if that matters. No, you can pick up towels by the pool.

Is the MDR menu standard across the line or does each ship set its own menu? Standard, but varies according to order.

I'll think of more as time goes on.

We really need a vac a

See my answers above.

When Enchantment did the Bahamas run, and I assume Grandeur would be the same, the associate hotel/food and beverage manager said that the ship picked up provisions in Port Canaveral. He mentioned that since the food was ordered from Florida it was less expensive to pick it up on a port stop there, where RC already has facilities, than to ship to Baltimore.