Direct for Polar Bear

JDinWA

I saw "Direct for Polar Bear" (and an odd phone number) listed for travel agency on our boarding pass. When I searched here on CC, I didn't find any posts on it so I figured I'd start one for anyone who searches in the future.

Called Princess. The nice lady said "polar bear" is the software, so when you book direct on princess.com, the boarding pass will say "Direct for Polar Bear".

(You'd think it would list something that made sense to the customer, but oh well...)

I saw "Direct for Polar Bear" (and an odd phone number) listed for travel agency on our boarding pass. When I searched here on CC, I didn't find any posts on it so I figured I'd start one for anyone who searches in the future.

Called Princess. The nice lady said "polar bear" is the software, so when you book direct on princess.com, the boarding pass will say "Direct for Polar Bear".

(You'd think it would list something that made sense to the customer, but oh well...)

That is correct. POLAR is the main Princess (Cunard, HAL, Seabourn) booking engine. POLAR Bear is the web-based version for the consumer website. POLAR Online is the TA version... I believe that POLAR stands for Princess OnLine And Reservations or something like that.

This is the complaint desk:

angry-polar-bear.jpg

Polar bear facts:

1. If you shave that white bear you will find that the skin under the fur is black.

2. If you eat polar bear liver you will DIE from an overdose of vitamin A. This was discovered the hard way...

3. If a polar bear kills you then you are dead. Period. Even if you didn't eat the liver.

4. Polar bears do not book Princess cruises. (I've heard they may book on Carnival.)

5. The designer of the new Royal and Regal Princess ships "may" have been a polar bear.

6. Ummm... whatever...

Polar bear facts:

1. If you shave that white bear you will find that the skin under the fur is black.

2. If you eat polar bear liver you will DIE from an overdose of vitamin A. This was discovered the hard way...

3. If a polar bear kills you then you are dead. Period. Even if you didn't eat the liver.

4. Polar bears do not book Princess cruises. (I've heard they may book on Carnival.)

5. The designer of the new Royal and Regal Princess ships "may" have been a polar bear.

6. Ummm... whatever...

You're in rare form tonight!!! LOL

You're in rare form tonight!!! LOL

Sorry. I've been off work due to surgery and I'm not "allowed" to do much of anything. I'm getting a bit stir crazy and seem to be going down hill fast. I wouldn't mind "doing nothing" on a ship but, sitting here at home, it's making me bonkers!