Melia Nassau Day Pass?

nu2crusin

Besides food and drink, is there anything that you get to take advantage of by paying the $110 that you would not have access to by paying the $30?

I'm not sure. We didnt ask any details because we knew we were not interested in the all inclusive. The hotel was very quick to reply to my email so I would suggest just emailing to ask them what it includes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did they have water toys/water sports? And if so was it extra?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

They had canoes, paddle boats, beach mats, jet skis, snorkeling, etc. I am sure it was extra but we didnt ask. We just went to relax. There was a booth set up on the beach right beside the volleyball net.

They had canoes, paddle boats, beach mats, jet skis, snorkeling, etc. I am sure it was extra but we didnt ask. We just went to relax. There was a booth set up on the beach right beside the volleyball net.

Awesome. Thanks!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Super easy to find bus. Just walk down past straw market and take a left into the circular area. Look for pink building. Lots of white buses.

AmandaKaye79, looking at your cruisings you have been here a few times, is there any other hotel pass u has preferred over this one.(Hilton, Wyndham )..or another beach spot that is better than another ? This is my first time here and we usually go to grand cayman, is the water, sand any comparison? Do we need water shoes here?

Also any suggestions on Freeport?

Thanks

AmandaKaye79, looking at your cruisings you have been here a few times, is there any other hotel pass u has preferred over this one.(Hilton, Wyndham )..or another beach spot that is better than another ? This is my first time here and we usually go to grand cayman, is the water, sand any comparison? Do we need water shoes here?

Also any suggestions on Freeport?

Thanks

I've been to Nassau a lot but Ive only been to to Melia for beach time. I've been a lot in November and December so those werent ideal beach days. So I cant say if another beach would be better. The beach at Melia is called Cable Beach if you want to look it up. It was gorgeous. We did not use water shoes.

As far as Freeport, we went to Port Lucaya. It was a free public area. We didnt do an excursion there.

I think I am going to talk my family into this, but probably go through the wyndam since it seems cheaper. Thanks for all the insight.

Does the Wyndam still share Melia facilities? I contacted Wyndam.com to confirm and they said that hotel was no longer part of the Wyndam chain.

Does the Wyndam still share Melia facilities? I contacted Wyndam.com to confirm and they said that hotel was no longer part of the Wyndam chain.

I have heard conflicting reports of this. They didnt tell us anything about using the Wyndham when we checked in at Melia. I do know that Melia went to an all inclusive type hotel so they may not allow sharing anymore.

Can anyone tell me how long the bus ride is to Melia from the cruise port? We are only in port for a few hours so we might just opt for a taxi. There are 6 of us so the cost difference is quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once we finally left it was about 10 minutes. They do wait for the bus to fill up so we waited a few for that to happen as well. If you have more people, I'm sure you could get a taxi van and share. If I remember, it was $30 round trip taxi compared to $5 round trip bus for 2. There was only 2 of us so we saved $25.

Thank you AmandaKaye79! We will see what time we actually get off the ship and try to figure our time. If pressed we may simply opt for the taxi and give ourselves as much time at the Melia as possible. We will need to head back to the ship around 12:30. Thanks again!

The day passes for adults is $30.00 per person and children under 12 years old $22.50 per child.

Day pass with lunch at O’ Grill by the poolside $50.00 for adults and child 25% off the $50.00

Market Grill our buffet restaurant $75.00 per adult and children 25% off the $75.00.

Day passes with the all- inclusive

Day Pass - 9:00am - 5:00pm

$115.00 per person

Just got this in an email from Melia today (July 8, 2014)

I was considering a day pass when we visit there in November, however, we will be there from 12pm-7pm. Am I reading correctly that the day pass is valid from 9am-5pm? Or can we stay longer?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

I was considering a day pass when we visit there in November, however, we will be there from 12pm-7pm. Am I reading correctly that the day pass is valid from 9am-5pm? Or can we stay longer?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Pass is good til 5pm. In the fall/winter, it's dark at 5pm.

This may be a crazy question, but if you have 4 people taking the jitney, can you use a $5 bill for all 4 or do you need to pay $1.25 for each one separately? Just wanted to make sure that I take the correct cash!

This may be a crazy question, but if you have 4 people taking the jitney, can you use a $5 bill for all 4 or do you need to pay $1.25 for each one separately? Just wanted to make sure that I take the correct cash!

Sure.. there are no meters.. just a guy with his hand out.

US or Bah$.

We had a very good experience. We were the only tourists on the bus though. Most everyone else was on the way to or from work. We made about 3 stops to drop off and pick up before we got to Melia.

Edited by AmandaKaye79

A few questions about the Melia day pass. For $30 you can use the pools and the beach correct? Are beach chairs and umbrellas included for this? Do they have a lot of chairs and umbrellas available? Just looked at cruisett and there will be 4 ships in port the day we are there! Shade is a must for my DH

Do you need to bring a towel or is that part of the $30?

Can you bring in a bag with small snacks and water or do they look in your bags as you enter?

thanks for any info

Trish

Edited by udamom

A few questions about the Melia day pass. For $30 you can use the pools and the beach correct? Are beach chairs and umbrellas included for this? Do they have a lot of chairs and umbrellas available? Just looked at cruisett and there will be 4 ships in port the day we are there! Shade is a must for my DH

Do you need to bring a towel or is that part of the $30?

Can you bring in a bag with small snacks and water or do they look in your bags as you enter?

thanks for any info

Trish

Chairs and umbrellas are included, but there are only a small number of umbrellas available. Not much shade on the beach, but there is some near the pools.

Towels question is yet to be definitively answered. Some have gotten towels included, some not. I'd bring one.

As for snacks, there is a sign saying no outside food allowed.

*you can't take snacks from the ship unless they are in the manufacturers sealed wrapping. (chips, granola bars etc). You can't bring fruit or sandwiches, muffins etc. off the ship.\

Here's a webcam of the area..

http://www.larrysvacationwebcams.com/caribbean/NassauSheraton.php

Edited by scubagirrl

I got an email from the resort and attached to it was a document that said for an all day pass it was $165 (9a-2p). Does anyone know if the $30 per person deal is for a set amount of time? The email didn't say that but it made me question it bc of what the all day pass said.