Melia Nassau Day Pass?

nu2crusin

Does the Melia still have a snack bar inside the lobby?

We were there in April. They have a starbucks in the lobby, just up the stairs from the outside pools. There is also a starbucks in the Wyndam hotel next door. You can also stroll over to the WestWinds. It is a condo resort. Facing the water, you would walk to the left. It is the next property over. In the middle they have a snack bar with reasonably priced food (burgers, wings, etc). Six dollar burgers at the daq shack are hit an miss. The first time we went, they said no food on Tuesdays. Another time, we got burgers (just ok). Third time, cook was on vaction. Having said that, you HAVE to visit the daq shack. All fresh fruit used to make the daquiries to order. Keep the cup for a refill and get a discount on the next drink. Take a sip and they may top it off with more rum. The Watermelon daqs are THE BEST. You can also get more than one flavor in your cup.

We were there in April. They have a starbucks in the lobby, just up the stairs from the outside pools. There is also a starbucks in the Wyndam hotel next door. You can also stroll over to the WestWinds. It is a condo resort. Facing the water, you would walk to the left. It is the next property over. In the middle they have a snack bar with reasonably priced food (burgers, wings, etc). Six dollar burgers at the daq shack are hit an miss. The first time we went, they said no food on Tuesdays. Another time, we got burgers (just ok). Third time, cook was on vaction. Having said that, you HAVE to visit the daq shack. All fresh fruit used to make the daquiries to order. Keep the cup for a refill and get a discount on the next drink. Take a sip and they may top it off with more rum. The Watermelon daqs are THE BEST. You can also get more than one flavor in your cup.

Ok, I have to ask since everyone keeps talking about a "snack bar"...you guys are meaning like real food right? Because to me a "snack" bar would be like chips and candy. I definitely won't want a snack, I'll want an actual meal...yes hamburgers and fries or whatever. :D You guys just have me wondering since the word "snack" is used and then Starbucks is mentioned. Isn't Starbucks coffee? Or do they have sandwiches too? (You can tell I'm not a coffee drinker and have never been there). :p

Ok, I have to ask since everyone keeps talking about a "snack bar"...you guys are meaning like real food right? Because to me a "snack" bar would be like chips and candy. I definitely won't want a snack, I'll want an actual meal...yes hamburgers and fries or whatever. :D You guys just have me wondering since the word "snack" is used and then Starbucks is mentioned. Isn't Starbucks coffee? Or do they have sandwiches too? (You can tell I'm not a coffee drinker and have never been there). :p

It is an outdoor restaurant. Pizza, burgers, salads, chicken strips, etc. The Starbucks is inside the hotel.

As an FYI, the Starbucks does not accept the Starbucks card. I walked up there with my phone and no cash with plans to pay through my Starbucks app and discovered that they don't take it.

It is an outdoor restaurant. Pizza, burgers, salads, chicken strips, etc. The Starbucks is inside the hotel.

As an FYI, the Starbucks does not accept the Starbucks card. I walked up there with my phone and no cash with plans to pay through my Starbucks app and discovered that they don't take it.

Awesome. Thank you so much. So the outdoor restaurant is ON the Melia property right? Or do you have to go next door?

So sorry all, been meaning to come back to this thread and post after coming back from my cruise and kept forgetting.

We did the NCL Sky cruise 8/11-15. We went to Melia while in Nassau. We tried to use the Jitney but must have gotten turned around somewhere in the directions and ended up on a street where no #10 buses were running (we saw lots of other # buses but no #10's) After waiting about 15 minutes a taxi driver asked us if our group needed a ride. We ended up with 2 taxis at $4 a piece (there were 14 of us) We arranged with the taxi driver to come back at 3:45 to pick us up.

At the Melia we waited for a few minutes in line to get our wristbands (maybe 10-15minutes nothing outrageous) They were $30 and towels are not included. We had all brought ours from the ship. We had beach bags and had brought snacks and waters and had no problem with that.

The grounds are nice. We were too late to get an umbrella. There are a few but we didn't get there until after 11am. There were plenty of chairs and we managed to drag about 12 all together.

The paddleboard and kayaks were on a first come basis. We waited just a bit and then our group had a paddleboard and kayak that we took turns passing from one to another for probably 2 hours. Everyone who wanted to got a turn on both. There were more kayaks then paddleboards. I think there were only 2-3 of those. Both kayaks and paddleboards are of pretty lower end quality (I've rented both other places...and had some similar to these and some definitely better) and a little difficult to steer....but still fun.

There is a few rock groupings they have made a bit off the shore to snorkel to. Noone in our group snorkeled that day as we had just done deadmans reef the day before.- so I have no info on how the snorkeling was.

There is a outdoor restaurant between the pools and the beach. A few in our group got some food and said it was decent. Prices were not terrible for a resort with plenty of items under $15.

There is free wifi in the lobby and in Starbucks.

Ask any questions you have and I'll try to answer.

I have some pics on FB but don't know how to get them here. Worked last night so will try to figure it out later...or PM me and I'll give you a link to my album.

sorry so slow to post this

Trish

Thanks Trish. I think we are going to do this in a couple of weeks so this information is great to hear. I want to try and find the #10 bus... quite an adventure I think. There are only two of us so I am sure we would have to wait and wait and wait for a taxi.

Cruisegal you would never have to wait for a a taxi!! they are everywhere and very aggressive. While we were trying to find a #10 bus we probably got asked 15 times if we wanted a ride! LOL

That said I'm sure you could find the #10 bus...I just didn't print out the directions to it like I should have and there is a lot of construction and mess right when you get of the boat so I think we just turned at the wrong place.

Thanks for the map. We leave in 2 weeks and I am getting so excited.Can I get a PDF of this map?

It was just a map that I found online. I can't seem to locate one that's in PDF format. You can just right click on the map above and view image and print it. Or you can go HERE and go down to the Bahamas section, find Nassau Downtown Map Bahamas and open it up and print it. It's a 850 × 473 map, so it's pretty big and good to print. :)

Edited by mitsugirly

What do you mean vendors? If you are talking about people selling stuff, they cant come in the Melia property area, but they do walk along the edge of the water asking you to come out and see their items.

If you mean food vendors, there is just the Melia outdoor grill or the indoor restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do you mean vendors? If you are talking about people selling stuff, they cant come in the Melia property area, but they do walk along the edge of the water asking you to come out and see their items.

If you mean food vendors, there is just the Melia outdoor grill or the indoor restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From my understanding the beach area for Melia is public, right? So I was thinking that if you did the day pass at Melia and went to the beach by it, the vendors selling stuff would be everywhere. Is this not the case?

Just trying to decide what we're going to do but we don't want to be bombarded with people trying to sell us stuff!

Thanks!!

From my understanding the beach area for Melia is public, right? So I was thinking that if you did the day pass at Melia and went to the beach by it, the vendors selling stuff would be everywhere. Is this not the case?

Just trying to decide what we're going to do but we don't want to be bombarded with people trying to sell us stuff!

Thanks!!

The last time we were there, we were approached by one vendor - we had a lot more trying to sell us stuff at Atlantis.

I have a question: if we got there and were denied a pass (it will be March 19) would there be any reason why we couldn't just go to the beach that Melia is on? Would there be any way to rent chairs and an umbrella?

Using the melia beach without paying for a pass would be trespassing.

The day pass includes chair rentals and well as use of the grounds.

There are public beaches along the way, but they are not as nice, and not maintained, no amenities and no chairs for rent.

If you want to use a hotel beach, then you'll need a day pass.

You're date is indeed spring break, but melia rarely denies passes. The beach and property is really quite big

I have a question: if we got there and were denied a pass (it will be March 19) would there be any reason why we couldn't just go to the beach that Melia is on? Would there be any way to rent chairs and an umbrella?

There are public beaches along the way, but they are not as nice, and not maintained, no amenities and no chairs for rent.

You're date is indeed spring break, but melia rarely denies passes. The beach and property is really quite big. They DO restrict the number of partying spring breakers and try to keep the peace for their guests.

You're date is indeed spring break, but melia rarely denies passes. The beach and property is really quite big

Ah, Ok, wasn't sure if it was a public beach or not but thanks for the info.--this is the one we are leaning towards so I feel a little better now!