Melia Nassau Day Pass?

nu2crusin

Went to Melia on 8/7/14. Easy to get too, took the #10 Jitney for $1.25 a person. The Jitney dropped us right in front, but do yourself a favor and stop at the Daq Shack before you go into the Melia. went into lobby and purchased the day passes for $30 each. The beach was great and there is 2 small reefs for snorkeling, they are about 200 feet out and the water was about 15 feet deep at the reefs. We also used the stand up paddle boards and Kayaks. We had a blast and didn't want to leave. The Jitney stop is right in front of the Melia and has us back ro Nassau in about 10 Minutes. This was the best excursion during our cruise.

Edited by ldisler

Went to Melia on 8/7/14. Easy to get too, took the #10 Jitney for $1.25 a person. The Jitney dropped us right in front, but do yourself a favor and stop at the Daq Shack before you go into the Melia. went into lobby and purchased the day passes for $30 each. The beach was great and there is 2 small reefs for snorkeling, they are about 200 feet out and the water was about 15 feet deep at the reefs. We also used the stand up paddle boards and Kayaks. We had a blast and didn't want to leave. The Jitney stop is right in front of the Melia and has us back ro Nassau in about 10 Minutes. This was the best excursion during our cruise.

Thanks so much for this info! I did see on another comment about the daq shack. I can't wait to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What exactly is the Daq Shack? I assume it's a place for drinks? Where is it located? Do you still get off at the same stop? Are you able to order a drink to go and then take it over to Melia? Once you are inside Melia, can you go back out to get more?

How long did you wait to purchase your resort tickets and what time did you arrive at the resort?

The Daq Shaq is directly across the street from the Melia in with other small

brightly colored shops, we did walk into Melia with our drinks and no one said anything. I guess you could go get drinks and come back but we didn't want to waste the time.

We probably walked in Melia about 12:15 and had to wait maybe 15 minutes to get passes but most of that was waiting for 2 guests that took a long time at counter, the day passes took a couple of minutes.

A couple of tips,

1) If you can bring own snorkel gear I would. They have limited supplies.

2) They do have life preservers that we used while snorkeling.

3) Food is very expensive, bring snacks from ship.

4) Daq Shack is a must $6 with alcohol $5 without.

What do you consider expensive? The pool grill was by no means expensive IMO. Chicken fingers, fries and a soda was $13USD. The most expensive thing on the menu was an All Beef Sirloin Burger for $19.95. I thought the prices were reasonable. I mean not like Mcdonalds dollar menu prices, but not expensive either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used bookatourcaribbean.com to reserve tickets for The Melia? How ligit do you think this website is? They are charging 31.99 for the day pass but have a back to ship guarantee.

I have never heard of them or seen anyone on here mention them.

It says $31.99 for CHILDREN and $52.99 for adults, which is more than what Melia charges.

I would also be a little apprehensive to book with any "professional" place, advertising their service, with misspelled words and not proofread:

"If you're unable to take your tour or if you ton't enjoy your ......"

"We are able to offer advise, ....."

....just saying.... :)

We did the Melia last month. Took a taxi($5pp) and paid $30pp at the front desk. No need to use any 3rd party. If your ship is in port long enough, they also offer passes that include food. Very nice place- enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your ADVICE! We're trying to decide been Melia and BCH. Like the idea of all inclusive but not at the $115 rate at Melia. We will probably only spend a few hours on the beach as we are not really beach people. Don't want to give up the chance of seeing the culture of Nassau. Our ship ports at 7 am and leaves at 12:59pm which gives us plenty of time to do both. Does anyone know what hours the day passes are good for?

Deb

I believe the day pass is 9-4. Sounds like you may be on Allure or Oasis with a 7am arrival . Believe me it's not really that long in port. You need to allow a good amount of time to get back on board. There were crowds at the dock getting back on. We left Melia at 1230 & did not get back onboard till almost 130. Perhaps an off day but you can't cut it to close. One thing to keep in mind if you are really not beach people - hardly any umbrellas at Melia. We were fine as it was just a few hours. ENJOY!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our group is looking for a non-crowded and vendor free beach area for our trip in a few weeks and have a few questions.

I was thinking that since Melia day passes are so popular, it was a private beach area. After reading through all of these posts, I see that it's not. I was also looking at the Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day. If you're willing to pay $30 for Melia and it not be private, why not pay $59 for Blue Lagoon, which is a private island, includes transportation from the port, floats and mats, the inflatable waterpark AND lunch? Just wondering about the difference!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Our group is looking for a non-crowded and vendor free beach area for our trip in a few weeks and have a few questions.

I was thinking that since Melia day passes are so popular, it was a private beach area. After reading through all of these posts, I see that it's not. I was also looking at the Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day. If you're willing to pay $30 for Melia and it not be private, why not pay $59 for Blue Lagoon, which is a private island, includes transportation from the port, floats and mats, the inflatable waterpark AND lunch? Just wondering about the difference!

The water park at Blue Lagoon wasn't included and you had to pay an extra $15 a person for it. (This was booking with the cruise line). I believe if you do it on your own, you can buy the package which includes the water park, but you also have to provide your own transportation by taxi over to Paradise in order to catch the water taxi over to the island. :)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was looking at booking directly with Blue Lagoon and it's $59 and it says it includes the waterpark.

Ok then, no problem. It would include the waterpark. I just wanted to make sure you knew it didn't if booked with the cruiseline (like we did). We had hoped that it did come with our booking, but went ahead and paid extra for it when we arrived. The kids (both adult and young) loved it. :)