Concierge class - priority tender debarkation?

cruza

We are taking Med cruise this summer with one day in Santorini.

Question: if we are staying in Concierge cabin, will it also included priority tender debarkation/tender tickets delivery like NCL or we need to stay in the line to get tender tickets? :confused:

Thanks,

Mike

No priority for Concierge Class

In the past you did get priority tender debarkation/tender tickets for Concierge Class pre S class ships coming into the fleet. You now have to be in a Suite or Captian's Club Elite or above. Yes they are delivered to your cabin the night before. Last cruise we were told to go to the Ensemble Lounge as a meeting place for priority tendering. Suite guess met in Michaels' Club.

We have just cruised with Constellation to Norway and found Concierge a complete waste of money. Did not experience any privileges. Items such as bin's, golf umbrella, upgraded tote bag did not arrive until 3rd day. Priority check in was a shambles at Schipohl airport and at debarkation a loud alarm went off. We had not settled our bill they said even though our card had been registered online and twice more on board. Embarrassing. The afternoon savouries were not pleasant and you do have to be in your room to receive them. We also noted there were no flowers or a flask of drinking water. Ice cubes - yes. Apparently they do not supply either. The flowers were mentioned in our brochure and we were told your TA should have advised us of the change. We headed for the internet and found they still boasted flowers, so offered this information. They agreed and got the web site changed at once. A flask of water was always in our room following our complaint. Water from the mini bar was $6 for about a litre! Fruit was 3 items placed on a plate. Sorry to rant, but this was our experience of Concierge class. Hope you have a better experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Asking for ice and water has been discussed on Cruise Critic as the room stewards now only seen to deliver these on request. This is standard for all cabins not just CC. We only ask for water as it is a waste of time for the stewards to refill an ice bucket twice a day that only melts from non use. I ask for the canapes to be delivered whether I am in the room or not and asked to change out the 3 apples for fruit that I like.

Although the umbrella has always been in the closet and the bins in the desk drawer, we have always received the upgraded bag 2-3 days into the cruise.

I mentioned on the other "flower" thread that the three little stems of flowers are an accident waiting to happen with me as I knock over and spill them at least once every cruise I think I will try and remember to bring on a bouquet and have the steward bring me a proper vase.

Sorry you did not like CC but at least you got a larger room than a standard balcony:)

Just curious, what's so exciting about having a pitcher of water in the cabin? It's the same water that flows from the tap in the sink after all, unless we're talking proper bottled water.

I'm reminded of an old Dennis the Menace comic my grandfather used to joke with us about at bedtime. Dennis asked for a glass of water, his dad brought him one and he complained "this tastes like bathroom faucet water, I wanted kitchen faucet water". :D

:confused:

As to tote bags, seems to me they arrive in time for the first port stop intended for use while on shore. I suppose some may want for use at pool is why the delivery of tote bags causes so much concern...?

We have just cruised with Constellation to Norway and found Concierge a complete waste of money. Did not experience any privileges. Items such as bin's, golf umbrella, upgraded tote bag did not arrive until 3rd day. Priority check in was a shambles at Schipohl airport and at debarkation a loud alarm went off. We had not settled our bill they said even though our card had been registered online and twice more on board. Embarrassing. The afternoon savouries were not pleasant and you do have to be in your room to receive them. We also noted there were no flowers or a flask of drinking water. Ice cubes - yes. Apparently they do not supply either. The flowers were mentioned in our brochure and we were told your TA should have advised us of the change. We headed for the internet and found they still boasted flowers, so offered this information. They agreed and got the web site changed at once. A flask of water was always in our room following our complaint. Water from the mini bar was $6 for about a litre! Fruit was 3 items placed on a plate. Sorry to rant, but this was our experience of Concierge class. Hope you have a better experience.

Concierge class is great if you are on the hump and paid less than an 1A. I just booked a cruise onboard and paid less than a balcony and am on the hump! The difference in price was actually $88 less pp. I agree with the other items! Also, our OBC was more than we could spend, but we'll manage!

Edited by Lastdance

In reply to all comments, we have cruised on Constellation (Deluxe balcony) in the past and found nothing missing from the stateroom amenities, a flask of water was always replenished (we never drink water from a bathroom tap, even in England) and neither did we experience numerous admin errors. The extra cost of £139.00 pp for Concierge class did not seem good value. The problems we encountered from embarkation through to debarkation were too many to ignore. Some I have not listed as they were not Concierge class related. We did receive a profuse apology from the asst hotel director with a complimentary Speciality restaurant upgrade. The Tuscan Grill did not disappoint.

Edited by comas

The hump cabins are those on the portion of the ship that juts out on the side. You can see it on the floor plans and in pictures. These cabins have larger balconies than others (not huge, but larger) and many also like the mid-ship location.

IMHO Concierge Class is not worth much extra money, especially on S class ships as the rooms are the same size as regular balcony. On M class I will pay a bit more to have more room. On S class I usually will only pick CC class for a hump cabin or other great location, and only if the price differential is minor.

By the way, what does 'on the hump' mean?

S class ships have "hump" in the middle, great location and bigger balconies....

Oh thanks. We were on deck 8 and know where you mean. In our country 'to have the hump' means to be in a bad mood! That's why I was confused.

Edited by comas