2014 Brooklyn transfer prices

jimmybean

Here are transfer prices (Brooklyn disembarkation) offered by Cunard.

Self-arranged transfers have been recommended on a number of different Cunard CC threads and seem to be much more economical.

We have never used any of these services, but think pricing could be of interest to those making plans.

cunard 3.pdf

cunard 1 2.pdf

We disembarked QMII 1 July in Brooklyn. Two people each with one piece of carry-on and one piece of luggage to be "checked" at airport cost $70 Brooklyn pier to JFK Terminal 2. This was a posted set price at the taxi stand, per taxi not per person.

It was easy peasy walk out of immigration, cross the street, and lines of cabs waited disembarking passengers.

Thanks for posting the Cunard info. I posted my experience for comparison purposes.

Julie

We disembarked QMII 1 July in Brooklyn. Two people each with one piece of carry-on and one piece of luggage to be "checked" at airport cost $70 Brooklyn pier to JFK Terminal 2. This was a posted set price at the taxi stand, per taxi not per person.

It was easy peasy walk out of immigration, cross the street, and lines of cabs waited disembarking passengers.

Thanks for posting the Cunard info. I posted my experience for comparison purposes.

Julie

Thank you, too, Julie.

We always just walk out of the terminal and take a yellow cab where ever we want to go e.g. LaGuardia, JFK, midtown. It always seems to work and is cheaper than just about anything else. It might be a shock for the Brits to find that the cab driver may not know where he's going or speak English, but you will get there. They aren't trying to rip you off -- just guys trying to make a living. Also, remember tipping (especially in NYC) is EXPECTED and you get the feeling not really appreciated. .......and as they say............"Ay, it's New York!!!!!!

Julie

Here are transfer prices (Brooklyn disembarkation) offered by Cunard.

Self-arranged transfers have been recommended on a number of different Cunard CC threads and seem to be much more economical.

We have never used any of these services, but think pricing could be of interest to those making plans.

Do be aware those prices for booking transfers on board via the Tour Office are generally higher than if you pre-book the transfers with Cunard (or your travel agent) prior to sailing. For comparison, here are prices for NYC airport transfers quoted on cunard.com as post voyage packages for a westbound crossing.

Coach Pier to NYC Airport: $34.00 (per person)

Executive Car Pier to NYC Airport: $174.00 (per vehicle)

Mini-van Pier to NYC Airport: $218.00 (per vehicle)

Limousine Pier to NYC Airport: $270.00 (per vehicle)

Regards,

John.

Do be aware those prices for booking transfers on board via the Tour Office are generally higher than if you pre-book the transfers with Cunard (or your travel agent) prior to sailing. For comparison, here are prices for NYC airport transfers quoted on cunard.com as post voyage packages for a westbound crossing.

Coach Pier to NYC Airport: $34.00 (per person)

Executive Car Pier to NYC Airport: $174.00 (per vehicle)

Mini-van Pier to NYC Airport: $218.00 (per vehicle)

Limousine Pier to NYC Airport: $270.00 (per vehicle)

Regards,

John.

We took a yellow cab the last time we were in New York. We were not ripped off and we gave the cabbie a good tip. My only problem was that we had to wait for ages; it was the end of November. The reason the cabbie received a healthy tip was that he managed to chip the ice off before we could move😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took a yellow cab the last time we were in New York. We were not ripped off and we gave the cabbie a good tip. My only problem was that we had to wait for ages; it was the end of November. The reason the cabbie received a healthy tip was that he managed to chip the ice off before we could move😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have only had a shortage of cabs once (some sort of holiday??), but most times no problem. What is the experience of others when disembarking in Brooklyn with the supply of cabs????? Thanks

On July 1 when we disembarked, there were lots of cabs waiting. These prices for Cunard transfers are outrageous! As an alternative to a cab, one can book a town car through one of many services (search the internet, I don't want to post an advert). We took one of these town car services to the West Side of Manhattan and spent around $60. We rode in style.

On July 1 when we disembarked, there were lots of cabs waiting. These prices for Cunard transfers are outrageous! As an alternative to a cab, one can book a town car through one of many services (search the internet, I don't want to post an advert). We took one of these town car services to the West Side of Manhattan and spent around $60. We rode in style.

So were the cabs waiting the yellow ones or the town car services? And Salacia, I know the difference!

Edited by capnpugwash