When do I have to leave cabin & ship?

Touristbay

Joining the Emerald Princess on Saturday and wanting to check when I have to vacate both cabin & the ship at the end of my cruise. I have read that I should vacate the cabin at 8am but would I be able to have breakfast, take my luggage with me and disembark in time for my 1015 train?

Edited by Touristbay

You must leave your cabin by 8am at the latest. You are able to have breakfast etc before you leave. You will be allocated a time for departure as per your choice on the disembarkation questionnaire. If you are travelling independently this can be at various times... We were allocated 8.40 on our last cruise

Joining the Emerald Princess on Saturday and wanting to check when I have to vacate both cabin & the ship at the end of my cruise. I have read that I should vacate the cabin at 8am but would I be able to have breakfast, take my luggage with me and disembark in time for my 1015 train?

Yes I would head to the DR for breakfast, its not as hectic as the buffet, its open until 8:30.

We usually take our luggage with us and leave it at the main entrance to the DR or put it by our table.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Most people off ship by 10.00 am, even those who want late off is 9.30, you have to remember that on princes u can get to your cabin on arrival on ship so have to be prepared to get off early! You will be given a leaflet with all info on and for you to choose what you want to do. We always use MDR for breakfast on last day....makes the cruise seem longer.

What is the latest time I could disembark? or is that up to Princess?

You have a 10.15 train from Southampton Central and are asking if you can stay onboard until last call :confused:

Traffic and road construction around the pier is horrendous. You will need to be in the taxi queue no later than 9.15--I would recommend 9.00 even if you already have your tickets.

And if you are planning to express walk-off carrying all your bags you will be required to be off the ship in one of the very first groups around 7.30 or earlier. If you want to have a leisurely breakfast onboard you should request the first group off of those checking their baggage; it can be awkward--and is just plain bad form--to lug full size cases to the dining room.

I used to have arguments with my husband who wanted to leave our carryons in the cabin until after we had breakfast. I finally convinced him that it wasn't worth battling the elevators one more time just so he didn't have to carry a backpack to breakfast. It's best to leave your cabin at the appointed time and get ready to go on with your day.

Princess will ask you around the middle of the cruise for your post cruise travel information. After you fill this out, you will be assigned to a departure group. On morning of the last night of the cruise you will receive departure information including luggage tags for your group. They will explain where and when to assemble on the last day.

As for breakfast. We always rise around 6 am and get cleaned up and dressed. We pack the last of the carry ons and then head down to breakfast. After breakfast we go back to the room and are out by 8 am.

After that we go where we are told and follow instructions.

the main luggage is out the night before just a couple of small carry-ons left that, as I said we pick up before 8 am.

Now, if you cannot get up early, then you will have to lug your bags around to breakfast. Not something we enjoy doing....

It can certainly be a bit of a bummer to have to be out of the room so early but it is fantastic to be able to board the ship and have your cabin ready for you. I think it's a worthwhile trade off.

(Of course having to get off and go back to "the real world" is the main bummer but it just makes the next cruise so much sweeter.)

Southampton isn't always so 'manic', we got off the ruby 2 weeks ago and from stepping off the ship to getting to the train platform it was 25min. No queue for a taxi at all but maybe we were just lucky... We were scheduled to leave at 8.40 but actually got off a little before and managed to get a train just after 9.