Miami pre cruise with a toddler

chadci

Hi all, my wife and I live near Fort Myers and are cruising from POM late October. Last time we left the morning of but this time we'd like to head over a day early.

Will likely park at the port for security and ease when we leave so I don't need a parking package from a hotel... Although, since we will arrive at the port before noon on a Monday, I don't know how traffic will be.

We'd like to stay somewhat close to the port BUT someplace that's kid friendly, has things to do and see nearby and someplace

Close (walking distance) for dinner / breakfast.

Ideas?

Parking fees in downtown and Miami Beach can make this tough.

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell - lots of shops and dining options in a fun area of downtown, and they have a parking garage (and a cruise parking deal if you are interested).

Parking fees in downtown and Miami Beach can make this tough.

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell - lots of shops and dining options in a fun area of downtown, and they have a parking garage (and a cruise parking deal if you are interested).

Yeah, parking fees are one reason I want to park and have things close by so we don't have to move the car any.

Will look into that Hampton Inn.

We also (briefly) discussed taking a bus over. It's $100 round trip so that would kill parking fees and traffic headaches plus times out pretty well BUT I don't know if we want to go that route or not.

I would consider either Hampton Inn as mentioned which is right near Mary Brickell but also consider Intercontinental which is near Bayside which might be nice to walk around.

I would check out reviews on these two hotels on TripAdvisor.Com

Keith