Celebrity Summit Captain's Club Exclusive Event

Rhayne

On Celebrities website it says under my Captains Club level (Classic) that one of the benefits is....

• Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

What is this event? Is it worth going to?

Has anyone been to one in the last couple of months? I'm curious if it would be something my husband and I would like or not. We're in our mid 30s

One afternoon (i think it was 1:30 to 2:30) they host a captains club even in sky club lounge, for ALL club members, not just classic. Officers stand in line at door and shake hands, like a wedding reception receiving line, then in the room waiters pass out the drinks that are complimentary on the club drinks list, and they pass hors deourves and canapés on trays around. I think they also had some of the ships entertainers play music and sing. Lasts about an hour or so, has a dress code "smart casual". On ours (summit to bermuda) crew had to leave early to get ready for crew versus guests pool volleyball...

It was the most attended captains club event, the evening cocktail parties tended to have about 30 people, this was pretty much full.

It's something to do and a few free low end drinks if you don't have a drink package is all I'd say about it.

Also note that on some itineraries it is held in the early evening.

Generally it is a relaxing hour or so with your fellow frequent cruisers.

If you sign up for your meet and mingle you will have another opportunity for such an event.

Depending on what's "news" with the line, you might hear about a new ship build, a ship being retired, a new itinerary, etc. "Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event"...translation......repeater's party.

Edited by marco