Port Everglades dining

runner2013

Hi all,

I will be in Ft. Lauderdale the end of the month for a few days, and realized ill be close to the Port Everglades cruise port. I wanted to get up early and take a taxi to the port to watch the Vision of the Seas ship come in on Thursday morning. My question is are there any places to get coffee or maybe something light to eat for breakfast while i'm there? I realize it will be busy with people coming and going so i'm hoping there are at least a few around.

Thanks

Hi all,

I will be in Ft. Lauderdale the end of the month for a few days, and realized ill be close to the Port Everglades cruise port. I wanted to get up early and take a taxi to the port to watch the Vision of the Seas ship come in on Thursday morning. My question is are there any places to get coffee or maybe something light to eat for breakfast while i'm there? I realize it will be busy with people coming and going so i'm hoping there are at least a few around.

Thanks

The best place to watch the cruise ships come in isn't at the port, it is at the top of the 17th Street Bridge.

There are tons of restaurants all over 17th Street. There is an Einstein Bagels on 17th Street on the left side of the street just past Cordova but it will not be open that early. Nothing will be open that early.

You do realize the cruise ships come in at 3-5am right? Super, super early.

The best place to watch the cruise ships come in isn't at the port, it is at the top of the 17th Street Bridge.

There are tons of restaurants all over 17th Street. There is an Einstein Bagels on 17th Street on the left side of the street just past Cordova but it will not be open that early. Nothing will be open that early.

You do realize the cruise ships come in at 3-5am right? Super, super early.

I thought they came in between 6-700am?. That seemed to be the times all the ships i've been on get in.

Good to know about the bridge. I'll have to ask around when I get there on Monday and see if theres anything I can do. Maybe later in the day I can take a ride to the bridge:rolleyes:

You can't go into the port unless you are getting on a ship, or for other official business. There are no restaurants in the port.

Thanks for the info . Didnt know it was off limits to non cruisers..guess ill just have to book a cruise to get in then :)

I thought they came in between 6-700am?.

Actually the ships are already in the berth by 6. I am always amazed when I wake up at 6 that I never felt a thing when the ship docked. DH has taken bathroom breaks early ;) and says he sees them in position at 4.

Actually the ships are already in the berth by 6. I am always amazed when I wake up at 6 that I never felt a thing when the ship docked. DH has taken bathroom breaks early ;) and says he sees them in position at 4.

Even though I am an early riser I think 4:00 is even too early for me.. guess i'll have to settle for a glimpse from afar:p

Thanks for the info . Didnt know it was off limits to non cruisers..guess ill just have to book a cruise to get in then :)

Even if you could get into port, the view isn't good. It's much better at the top of the bridge.

I've seen them coming in when I've been out that late or if I'm up super, super early.

We always get to the start of the Miami Marathon by 4:00 and there are at least 9 ships already in port.

Edited by BlueHerons