Beach at Nassau ?

heyabbott

Ship docks at 1:30. Not interested in Atlantis waterpark or spending $85 a person for a few hours on the beach excursion. Is there a beach we can spend a few hours on by taking a cab?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ship docks at 1:30. Not interested in Atlantis waterpark or spending $85 a person for a few hours on the beach excursion. Is there a beach we can spend a few hours on by taking a cab?

A lot of people may suggest Junkanoo Beach which is a public beach, but the one time we walked there we were NOT impressed! It was dirty with a lot of shady characters.

Personally we stay on the ship in Nassau......sorry..... :o

We've been to Junkanoo several times. We walk there, it's free and it's an ok beach for a few hours. We've never had any problems, and I've always felt safe there.

Sherri:)

Someone here referred me to resortforaday.com and they have a British colonial hilton pass for 60$ a person which includes a 40$ food and beverage credit at the hotel. Likely what we'll be doing on our upcoming cruise in October!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We walked to Junkanoo Beach-perfectly fine for a few hours. We had time to go to Da Fish Fry for lunch, and then John Watlings Rum Distillary, where you can do a free self guided tour and sample the rum.

Last time we were in Nassau, we walked over to Junkanoo Beach. There were a couple of other ships in port, so there were other cruisers there. Felt totally safe. Could rent a beach chair and there were some concession stands there, but we didn't eat. Wasn't the best beach we've ever been to, but it was fine.

Someone here referred me to resortforaday.com and they have a British colonial hilton pass for 60$ a person which includes a 40$ food and beverage credit at the hotel. Likely what we'll be doing on our upcoming cruise in October!

Thank you very much. Looks like a winning plan.

Just wanted to make sure you were going when it would be warm because it can get quite chilly in the winter.

The British Colonial Hilton is a good choice. :)

LuLu

And it's really close to the port. You can see the Hilton from the deck of your ship. It's right next to Senor Frog's.

You can consider the Melia on Cable Beach. You can take a taxi for about $5pp or a local bus. The day pass is $30pp& purchased at the hotel. We will try it on our cruise the end of July. Gets very good reviews.

Thank you for this information - we are a party of 9 and this will offer something for everyone - we are actually in port from 8 am to 11:59 pm so we have time for the beach and then can go back to the ship change and site see - again thanks.