Hair dryers and shampoo

JoKen1

They will confiscate hair dryers if you bring one (you get it back at the end of the week), it's in the clause of not being allowed to bring anything onboard with a heating element like an iron. They are usually located in the top drawer in the cabin, not inside the bathroom.

They will confiscate hair dryers if you bring one (you get it back at the end of the week), it's in the clause of not being allowed to bring anything onboard with a heating element like an iron. They are usually located in the top drawer in the cabin, not inside the bathroom.

False.

You can absolutely bring a hair dryer on board:

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510

Exceptions:

Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, and shavers, are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

I've been on several cruises and have always taken my hair dryer. They've never taken it away from me and I leave it out in plain site. I've also taken my flat iron for my hair which has never been an issue either.

Here's another link with helpful information:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Edited by lisanj1329

I find the shampoo to be very drying to my hair. The body wash dries my skin to. I have psoriasis so the shampoo and body wash are a HUGE no no for me. I always bring my own.

The blow dryers on board don't have as much power as the one I bring with me. Takes quite awhile to get my hair dry and ready to style. They also have a button that you have to continually hold while blow drying.

My advice...if you have room...bring your own.

A hair dryer is provided in the bathroom (Destiny, Triumph, Victory) or at the desk/vanity in the stateroom (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, Splendor and Dream).

Hair dryers are not provided in the staterooms of all other ships.

The shampoo SHOULD be on all ships, but it is always possible the ship could be out during your cruise.

Edited by loanshark

Definitely NOT true! I have brought a hair dryer on every cruise. It is not on the list of forbidden items on CCL.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

No, hair dryers are not confiscated! Can bring your own dryer, flat iron or curling iron. I bring my own shampoo/conditioner as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If it is unsafe they can confiscate, but normally the don't confiscate hair dryers. Many people pack their own.

Depending on the class of ship, they might be located in the bathroom.

Fantasy Class ships don't have hair dryers in the standard cabins, but there are a limited number of hair dryers on the ship which can be borrowed. Ask your cabin steward or at guest services.

Shampoo is supplied in a shower dispenser.

We've always had a hair dryer on the Liberty, but not the Fantasy ...been so long since we've were on the Destiny, Triumph and Paradise I don't remember. But, I always take my own because the ones in the cabin aren't that great (and it's never been confiscated in 23 years and 28 cruises). Shampoo is okay, I can live with it, but if you have a special shampoo that you really like and is good for your hair, bring it.

Edited by Terre

I hate the hair dryers on cruise ships! No power and you have to hold down the stupid button. I've started bringing my own. Though you can get around the button issue with either a really strong rubber band or duct tape.