Rum Runners

Karboleda86

I just read in one thread about the smoking policy. If caught they can kick you off. I also read they can kick you off for smuggling alcohol on. When did that start or has that always been the case?

its always been the case but carnival chooses not to boot anyone off for smuggling alcohol.

it might be different for smoking because that affects more that just the one person.

only time will tell

I read that they give you a warning about the smoking and then you get the $250 charge. In regards to alcohol...they just confiscate it and return it at the end of the cruise. Thats if they catch it..we've had some taken away but they left a bottle ...not sure why.

I read that they give you a warning about the smoking and then you get the $250 charge. In regards to alcohol...they just confiscate it and return it at the end of the cruise. Thats if they catch it..we've had some taken away but they left a bottle ...not sure why.

Carnival has said nothing about a warning. Not sure why anyone would assume that and the policy will not change until October so they are not speaking from experience. Carnival's policy says there will be a $250 fine and they have the right to kick you off the ship.

Of course they have the right to kick you off for many reasons! ;)

It's always been the case, but it's only enforced when people are being belligerent. If you smuggled alcohol on the ship, then that tells Carnival that you like to drink, and if they take away your drinks you'll be more likely to buy theirs. They have no real incentive to kick you off just for sneaking some alcohol on board.

Carnival has said nothing about a warning. Not sure why anyone would assume that and the policy will not change until October so they are not speaking from experience. Carnival's policy says there will be a $250 fine and they have the right to kick you off the ship.

Of course they have the right to kick you off for many reasons! ;)

Like smuggling alcohol

Like smoking/vaping in your cabin, on your balcony, or not in desginated areas

Like throwing items off of the ship

Like getting into altercations with your fellow passengers

None of these state in the contract that a warning will be given but of course this is what happens. They warn you once, have it on record, and then if you do it again they can put you off the ship. This is a much easier position to defend.

Best thing to do is to follow the contract and you will have no issues

or you can roll the dice...

Like smuggling alcohol

Like smoking/vaping in your cabin, on your balcony, or not in desginated areas

Like throwing items off of the ship

Like getting into altercations with your fellow passengers

None of these state in the contract that a warning will be given but of course this is what happens. They warn you once, have it on record, and then if you do it again they can put you off the ship. This is a much easier position to defend.

Best thing to do is to follow the contract and you will have no issues

or you can roll the dice...

I imagine the it depends on how egregious the conduct is whether one receives a warning or not.

Always amazed at how much talk about smuggling booze and breaking rules...don't seem to see this on other cruise line forums?

I spent the majority of my time hanging out in the Royal Caribbean forums leading up to my RCI cruise in March. Seems like there was a smuggling thread every other day or so. Can't vouch for the other cruise lines.

Always amazed at how much talk about smuggling booze and breaking rules...don't seem to see this on other cruise line forums?

I would expect the only forums you won't find such discussions are those for the cruiselines that allow you to bring your own alcohol onboard (Disney, Regents, etc.).

There was an article recently about a person who was denied boarding at Port Canaveral for attempting to smuggle - but that's because they became rude and argumentative and caused a scene.

It's all situational. They have the right to kick you off for many reasons. It doesn't mean you'll automatically be kicked off for breaking a rule. I along with many others on the forums here have had things confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise without incident (other than a hefty bar bill).

Edited by mferris77

It's the internet, why would you expect a statement to be true? Just say whatever you wan't with a masked insult to an entire group of people and then move along and ignore the results.

Hahaha. +1

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015