Logging on to CC from IPad

trbarton

From time to time I'm asked on my IPad to log on. My IPad is left plugged into my charger. Anyone know why this is happening?

Tom:)

Don't know Tom, but I'm never asked for my log in info and I always use my iPad; but I don't have mine plugged in as a rule, but when it is I'm still not required to log in. It may have something to do with cookies as my info is in memory.

Edited by Treven

I'm guessing that for your CC sign-in info you've checked the box to remember you?

I occasionally clear my Safari "cookies & data" in Settings which removes my sign-in info from the CC page. That's the only time my info disappears & I have to sign-in again but I've never had it disappear when plugging in my iPad.

Edited by Astro Flyer

How do you access Cruise Critic? I go through a bookmark in Safari. Under Settings>Passwords it lists cruisecritic.com as one of my saved passwords. Even if I power off my iPad and then later return to CC, it logs me in automatically.
Another option is when you access CC via Safari on an iPhone or iPad, there's an icon on the bottom with a square and up arrow. Click that and one of the options is, "Add to Home Screen." That will create an icon on your iPhone or iPad home screen that goes directly to the CC without having to re-log in.

I use the Tapatalk app on my iPhone and iPad for CC because it's faster and easier to read posts than using Safari, particularly when cruising.

I use the Tapatalk app on my iPhone and iPad for CC because it's faster and easier to read posts than using Safari, particularly when cruising.

My recent experiences with the Cruise Critic version of Tapatalk have been much better than months ago.

Edited by Astro Flyer

My recent experiences with the Cruise Critic version of Tapatalk have been much better than months ago.
I went back to Tapatalk because of the CC app flashing ads that annoy me. They're essentially the same thing. One feature with both that I don't like is the app signature that's automatically added. I really don't need to see which device each person is using. So easy to remove it.

I went back to Tapatalk because of the CC app flashing ads that annoy me. They're essentially the same thing. One feature with both that I don't like is the app signature that's automatically added. I really don't need to see which device each person is using. So easy to remove it.

Several months ago when removing the auto signature 'advertisement' they'd override my choice & added it. Thankfully that has changed & it's good to have both the CC & Tapatalk apps to use the best one for each person. :)

I wish they'd remove the goofy option that automatically adds the thread's title to the post's 'subject' line but I'm unable to locate a way to eliminate this useless option. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer