Has the Navigator been re-furbished ?

Thank Heaven she's on the water and going strong for me next month. I love every bolt, line, and pane on that little ship. Small and clean lined she arrives ports like a rich family yacht. Passengers on the mega ships look down on Navigator's top deck and wonder why they chose a floating city over this dream vessel. And I look up, and wave, happy I'm on board and they are not. Jack

You described our feelings exactly! Would hate to see this ship leave the fleet! We are looking forward to next month's 17 day cruise and may have to book several more--just in case....

Debi

There are other threads that discuss the Nav's refit. The original one scheduled in May 2015 in Vancouver was cancelled for reasons i am not aware of and I don't think a new date has been established.

BTW, we just finished a cruise onboard the Disney Dream and we found ourselves constantly comparing that behemoth to the litlle old NAv. The bottom line is that there is no comparison in the food and attention to detail.

Hope I make sens since I just got off the ship and a m narced up with meds for pneumonia. Story of mi life.

Z and TB

There are other threads that discuss the Nav's refit. The original one scheduled in May 2015 in Vancouver was cancelled for reasons i am not aware of and I don't think a new date has been established.

BTW, we just finished a cruise onboard the Disney Dream and we found ourselves constantly comparing that behemoth to the litlle old NAv. The bottom line is that there is no comparison in the food and attention to detail.

Hope I make sens since I just got off the ship and a m narced up with meds for pneumonia. Story of mi life.

Z and TB

So sorry to learn that you are sick. Take care of yourself.

In terms of the Navigator, I suspect that we will be wondering about it for a very long time since she is scheduled 'til May 2016. If she still has brown water, that would require a major "fix". Doubt if her fate will be discussed with RSSC customers.

You described our feelings exactly! Would hate to see this ship leave the fleet! We are looking forward to next month's 17 day cruise and may have to book several more--just in case....

Debi

Does part of your 17 days include the Caribbean's eastern islands, Debi, and thus on Navigator? If so, join the roll call. See you on board. Jack

Z and TB

Sorry to read of your illness, Zsqueeze1. Things like that do happen to guests on vessels of all sizes and lines. I have to ask the question you might have raised regarding Navigator when compared with Disney Dream. Just how did Navigator do? Jack

Does part of your 17 days include the Caribbean's eastern islands, Debi, and thus on Navigator? If so, join the roll call. See you on board. Jack

Jack-- I have been on the roll call!!Posting frequently-- will check to see if there are two!

Debi

The Regent website now shows a gap between March 31, 2016, when the Navigator arrives in Barcelona after its TA crossing, and April 13, 2016, when the Navigator cruises to Rome. My travel agent's website indicates that this gap in the schedule is for a dry dock.

• 2 weeks later...
The Regent website now shows a gap between March 31, 2016, when the Navigator arrives in Barcelona after its TA crossing, and April 13, 2016, when the Navigator cruises to Rome. My travel agent's website indicates that this gap in the schedule is for a dry dock.

I am happy to see that because I am on that 2016 Rome to Venice trip and it will be our 1st Regent cruise. We chose it for the itinerary

For all we know, she could end up being an expedition ship. I wonder if she meets the requirements for going to Antarctica? It doesn't seem that 3 ships would work in the Med. during the summer. Maybe they will find a great place for her to spend her summers.

For all we know, she could end up being an expedition ship. I wonder if she meets the requirements for going to Antarctica? It doesn't seem that 3 ships would work in the Med. during the summer. Maybe they will find a great place for her to spend her summers.

Well, I don't know what they will find for her in the summer, but it won't be Antarctica because that's their winter, when the weather is most brutal. For years, Regent/Raddison chartered a true expedition vessel for Antarctic cruises in January, another of my favorite cruises, but I think the ship, the Explorer was sold. I belive it is now the Minerva. So maybe Navigator is not suitable, as it was available back then. Who knows why.

But my first summer cruise to Norway on the Navigator is certainly one of my most memorable in 30+ cruises with the line. Perfect weather most days, and as I remember, the sun never set, really. We went up to the Arctic Circle in an area filled with lots of ice, and she did fine. As I remember, she was designed as a Russian ship pre-2000, for a "purpose" other than cruising, but was then converted to a passenger ship with the hull intact.

Other cruise lines have more than 3-4 ships, and find a way to keep them afloat. I for one would HATE to see our choices limited by the absence of the Navigator, as I have at least 4-5 on this ship, all of them great. It will be left for the bean counters to figure out what works. I for one hope they do, to keep our options out there expanded, even with the new ship coming out.

Will be interesting to see how the new ownership proceeds, and what they decide to do with this nice little ship.

I didn't think of Norway but that would be a great place for the Navigator. We were there in July on the Voyager. We may have been able to sail further north if we had been on the Navigator (assuming that he could handle the ice better than the Voyager).

The Norwegian Fjords is a great idea. But I wonder if the demand is big enough to keep Navigator there for more than a handful of cruises. Then they have to craft other cruises around it--perhaps around the U.K.? Then there's the issue of stability--these are not always calm waters.

Perhaps Med itineraries with smaller, less-visited ports would be the thing--with some overnights. Playing on the smaller size!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer