Carnival to Canada in Sept.

Jeffrey1950

Can someone please tell me if they have ever noticed if Carnival does a price drop closer to the sailing date for the Splendor to Canada in Sept. Thanks, would like to do this trip but not at the price given right now. I keep hoping to see it come down a bit just like everyone else I am sure.

The hurricane season has already started and Hurricane Arthur recently caused much damage in eastern Canada, so the Splendor cruise was rerouted to Bermuda! They wont sail into, or take chances with a hurricane, so the route just may be altered. I want to do the Splendor to Canada next September 2015.:)

Thank you !! Just returned in June from an eight day to the Caribbean and got a fantastic deal on that so I will keep my fingers crossed. By the way just how bad does it usually get during hurricane season ?

They will take the ship to where the hurricane aint.

We've never gotten price drops on Canadian cruises out of NYC, but that doesn't mean it won't happen so keep checking. It's possible the changes in the smoking policy could create some vacancies. We are on the Splendor in October to the Caribbean and the price has gone up drastically. Four friends of ours are booked in a balcony cabin and paid little over $2700. Just checked fareviewer for them and its now $5400!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You do need to keep checking the rates daily. I also have been watching the rates for a Sept - 7 day Canada/New England cruise. I watched the rates going up and down and I finally booked it on the down side. Then a few days later it was double and then a few days later it came back down. Right now it looks like it is double again and it has been that way for a while now. As others have mentioned it may go back down closer to sailing but you never really know how the ship is selling so you need to keep checking.

The Canada/New England cruise out of NYC is a great cruise. I love the ports and sailing out of NYC is awesome. I did this cruise back in Sept 2012 and I liked it so much I am doing it again in 2 month.

I hope you find the rate you are looking for and get on this cruise. You will enjoy it.:cool:

I am booked in October and suddenly noticed that they had removed the solo supplement for 1As. All the other categories still double.

All the 1As for my sailing have gone now but it is something to watch if you are travelling solo.