Majesty of the Seas trip report with pictures

Thank you so much!! I absolutely wanted to see this for my upcoming cruise!! 17 days and this will be me!!

Silly question - were people very dressed up on formal night? I have one dress that I'm trying to get the per wear usage down, but it may be fancier than what I would typically think I'd see on a weekend cruise. It's also not very tropical.

There were some but not many. Most of the ones who were very dressed up were coming from the Crown & Anchor event. I say if you want to wear your formal-wear, go for it! The people who were dressed up looked great.

Most people were just dressed neatly and nicely. I saw very few people in shorts/sports attire in the dining room. The weirdest was a woman and her two little daughters wrapped up in towels. I don't know if they were just walking through or if they actually came to dinner that way. :eek::)

Finally, here are the promised Cruise Compasses!

http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/MajestyCompass.pdf

And here's a link to the Taste of Tuscany menu.

http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/TasteofTuscany.pdf

Thanks so much forthe Compass info. I'm sailing in January as a solo so I really wanted to see what they had for activities.

Finally, here are the promised Cruise Compasses!

http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/MajestyCompass.pdf

And here's a link to the Taste of Tuscany menu.

http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/TasteofTuscany.pdf

Thank you for taking the time to scan these and post them!

Our small girl scout troop is taking this same cruise Columbus Day Week end and none of the other girls ( besides my daughter) have cruised before. This will help them understand the unlimited fun they are in for more so than my daughter and I can explain!!!!!

The girls have all taken a sailing program - I had read where there are sun fish and Hobie cats on Coco Cey for rent.. do you know if this still holds true?

Thank you for taking the time to scan these and post them!

Our small girl scout troop is taking this same cruise Columbus Day Week end and none of the other girls ( besides my daughter) have cruised before. This will help them understand the unlimited fun they are in for more so than my daughter and I can explain!!!!!

The girls have all taken a sailing program - I had read where there are sun fish and Hobie cats on Coco Cey for rent.. do you know if this still holds true?

Hmmm, I know they used to have Hobie Cats but now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing any this time. And I don't see any in the photos of Coco Cay in post #6. You could try asking on the Private Islands board (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406). Maybe someone who is going to Coco Cay soon can check for you.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Breezes is $65 a person and is all-inclusive (food, drinks, water sports, towels). It's for ages 14 and up. We took the #10 bus, which costs $1.25 a person. I think a taxi for 2 people is something like $15.

The beach within walking distance is called Junkanoo Beach. We've never gone there so I can't comment on it from experience. But there is a lot of information about it on the Bahamas board.

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you so much! We still haven't decided what we want to do in Bahamas. Perhaps just walk around town, browse through some shops if it's not too hot and spend a couple of hours at the beach, that's about it. Don't want to take an official tour.

Thank you so much! We still haven't decided what we want to do in Bahamas. Perhaps just walk around town, browse through some shops if it's not too hot and spend a couple of hours at the beach, that's about it. Don't want to take an official tour.

Nassau is very easy to navigate on your own. While you're walking around, check out John Watling's Distillery. You can take a quick tour of the facilities and sample the rums for free. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your wonderful post! It was so detailed, and the cruise compasses were greatly appreciated. We are leaving on majesty this Friday for our anniversary trip. Your post has been so helpful:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your wonderful post! It was so detailed, and the cruise compasses were greatly appreciated. We are leaving on majesty this Friday for our anniversary trip. Your post has been so helpful:)

Wow, lots of people taking anniversary cruises on Majesty. Happy Anniversary! TS Bertha should be long gone by Friday so hopefully you'll have as nice weather as we did.

Enjoy, you will have fun....we are hoping to jump on Her Majesty for Thanksgiving Weekend.....time will tell if we do -- some things have to align themselves together, so we can.

We sailed on the Majesty last September and absolutely loved the ship. I swore I was never going on a short cruise again after a 3 day to Nassau a few years back but we really enjoyed the Majesty. We had the 4 day itinerary and would definitely do that trip and ship again. Glad you had a great time!

Since there's been a lot of talk on Cruise Critic about when Majesty is going to be replaced, I wrote up a tribute to the Sovereign-class ships on my blog.

Check it out if you're interested in a little bit of nostalgia. :)

http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2014/07/three-sisters-sovereign-class-ships.html

Edited by CruisinCrow

Since there's been a lot of talk on Cruise Critic about when Majesty is going to be replaced, I wrote up a tribute to the Sovereign-class ships on my blog.

Check it out if you're interested in a little bit of nostalgia. :)

http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2014/07/three-sisters-sovereign-class-ships.html

Enjoyed reading your blog on the Sovereign sisters. We have only cruised on Her Majesty from the Sovereign class, but have sailed on her 10 times, and may get to sail on her again Thanksgiving weekend 2014. Compass Deli is definitely not to be missed, those crepes are terrific.

For a ship that lacks a lot of the WOW, of her larger sisters in the fleet, she gives you a POWerful cruise experience. We have always enjoyed our cruises on her.

How did you get from the ship to Breezes? How long did it take to get there and settled in? We'll be in Nassau in 10 days but aren't scheduled to arrive until 1:30 pm. Is there enough time to enjoy the day?

BTW great pictures

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by heyabbott

Thanks, Paulette! I hope you get to go in November. I've always wanted to go on a Thanksgiving or New Year cruise. Maybe one of these days.

Your pictures of Her Majesty were wonderful...great reminders of her.

We have been on Her Majesty quite a few times over Thanksgiving....it is crowded (that's fine) with families. Almost as if, they came down to visit the grandparents and did something fun after all that food on Thanksgiving Day. It is wonderful.

We did Christmas on Her Majesty once. It was fun....beautifully decorated. They actually start to get the decorations up over Thanksgiving Weekend. We did that with friends that had never cruised, feeling it would be a good first experience and it was for them, so they did it a few more times. They are 'land people' and love to drive to destinations....but they cruised a few more times.

We have never done a New Year's Eve cruise.

Edited by Paulette3028

How did you get from the ship to Breezes? How long did it take to get there and settled in? We'll be in Nassau in 10 days but aren't scheduled to arrive until 1:30 pm. Is there enough time to enjoy the day?

BTW great pictures

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took the #10 bus. It probably took 20 minutes to get to the hotel and then another 20 minutes or so to get checked in. But we were there on a Sunday, which is a big turn around day for hotels so the front desk was kind of swamped. It's probably a lot quicker during the week.

With those hours, I don't think an all-inclusive day pass would be worth it. I think I would go to Melia or Cabbage Beach instead. Melia day passes are $30, food and drinks cost extra. Cabbage Beach is a free beach next to Atlantis on Paradise Island. There aren't any bathrooms but it's great if you just have a few hours.

Thank you for a great review of a great "little" ship. We have sailed on her a few times and have a sailing booked, just my husband and I in early November for a weekend getaway. Your photos are amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed them. Do you mind sharing your camera information? I'm in the market for a new camera and would love some input. Thanks again for taking the time to post this review and I will be checking out your blog as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by giswam

Thank you for your review - we will be on Majesty in November (in 99 days) and have yet to sail on her or a Sovereign class ship.

I have already got my fingers crossed that we manage to get to Coco Cay! Not sure what we are doing yet in Nassau and we have already visited Key West a couple of years ago and are really looking forward to going back.

We have recently got off Splendour which I was surprised to find is actually smaller than Majesty! Splendour is 69k gross tonnes with 2,074 passengers compared with Majesty at 74k gross tonnes with 2,384 passengers (obtained from Wikipedia rather the RCCL as website is going slow).

Adam

Thank you for a great review of a great "little" ship. We have sailed on her a few times and have a sailing booked, just my husband and I in early November for a weekend getaway. Your photos are amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed them. Do you mind sharing your camera information? I'm in the market for a new camera and would love some input. Thanks again for taking the time to post this review and I will be checking out your blog as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I have a Nikon Coolpix 8200 and an Olympus Tough 8010 (waterproof), nothing fancy. All the pictures on the ship were taken with the Nikon and the ones in Nassau and Coco Cay were from the Olympus. I love the Nikon because it's small, fast, does well in indoors and has a 14X zoom. I'm not as happy with the Olympus because it's pretty sluggish between pictures. But it's great for snorkeling or at the beach or pool. I might try a different underwater camera next time.

Thank you! I have a Nikon Coolpix 8200 and an Olympus Tough 8010 (waterproof), nothing fancy. All the pictures on the ship were taken with the Nikon and the ones in Nassau and Coco Cay were from the Olympus. I love the Nikon because it's small, fast, does well in indoors and has a 14X zoom. I'm not as happy with the Olympus because it's pretty sluggish between pictures. But it's great for snorkeling or at the beach or pool. I might try a different underwater camera next time.

Thank you so much for sharing, I will be sure to check out the Nikon when I'm shopping. I love that it has a nice zoom and is compact because I definitely need a camera that's easy to carry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for sharing, I will be sure to check out the Nikon when I'm shopping. I love that it has a nice zoom and is compact because I definitely need a camera that's easy to carry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Definitely try out a few different ones in the stores before you buy. It's hard to tell if you'll like something until you actually have it in your hand. Have fun shopping!