Disembark in Civitacecchia

Stratheden

Arriving in Civitavecchia at 7.00am on the Zuiderdam in May, 2015. We are booking an apartment in Rome and I have been asked what time I will be arriving. (We need to meet someone to collect the key). Any idea of an approx. time in Rome. I will probably book a private transfer.

[quote name='Stratheden']Arriving in Civitavecchia at 7.00am on the Zuiderdam in May, 2015. We are booking an apartment in Rome and I have been asked what time I will be arriving. (We need to meet someone to collect the key). Any idea of an approx. time in Rome. I will probably book a private transfer.[/QUOTE]

If you are booking a private transfer (good move), I would order the car for around 9:00 - 9:30 am.

Time to Rome will depend upon traffic and the location of where you are going but it is about an hour from Civi to Rome

[quote name='kazu']If you are booking a private transfer (good move), I would order the car for around 9:00 - 9:30 am.

Time to Rome will depend upon traffic and the location of where you are going but it is about an hour from Civi to Rome[/QUOTE]

Thanks, we will in Trevi.

• 11 months later...
We did a transatlantic cruise in April, 2015 ending in Civitacecchia. We rented an apartment near Piazza Narvona. We made arrangements for shared transfer through Civitaccehia Transfer. The cost was 69€ for the two of us. [url]http://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com[/url]
The apartment company wanted a one hour window for our arrival. The cab company said if we were picked up at 9:30, we would arrive at 11:30 AM. They were waiting for us at 9:30 when we disembarked. This gave us time to have breakfast, finish packing, disembark, find our baggage and find the cab. We had an eight person Mercedes van that we shared with three other couples. We were the last couple to be dropped, and we arrived at 11:25 AM to find our contact person letting herself in to the building.

[quote name='kazu']If you are booking a private transfer (good move), I would order the car for around 9:00 - 9:30 am.

Time to Rome will depend upon traffic and the location of where you are going but it is about an hour from Civi to Rome[/QUOTE]

[B] I mostly agree with this but Rome is a huge city. Getting to Rome is one thing, getting to where you are going in Rome can take a fair amount of time. :)

[/B]

We would not want to rush off the ship in the early morning. Why get caught in the morning rush hour (whether it be on a crowded road or crowded train). Enjoy your breakfast on the ship and take your time debarking. Arrange for a car/driver (we recommend Romecabs.com) around 9:30-10. At this time of day it would normally take a little over an hour to get into Rome, but as others have said, your time to get to a specific location can vary by up to 30 min. If you book a company like Romecabs you could e-mail them and ask for their expert opinion on the driving time. Otherwise, post your apartment address (or something nearby ) and some of us could give you an estimate.

I should add that when we are in this situation we usually rely on cell phones. In many cases we will call the agent once we are on our way and give them an estimate.

Hank