Separate area in Windjammer for Diamond or higher?

It was definitely there on Freedom when we cruised her in October 2012.

When we did our b2b on Freedom in December of 2012, Portofino was for Gold Card holders only and Chops was for D/D+.

In Portofino there was a special menu but the only thing made to order was eggs. Pancakes, french toast, waffles, etc. was supplied from the WJ and not made not made to order.

They did have a small buffet where you could get juice, fruits, yogurt, cereal, breads and pastries.

It was definitely there on Freedom when we cruised her in October 2012.

The sign on the Explorer was maybe 2' high by 1' wide. Very easy to miss if you weren't looking for it, but we don't qualify yet. We have been on a few Voyager class cruises, and that was the first time I had ever seen that sign. I was wondering if it was something new?

BTW the sign was inside the WJ.

Edited by steveru621

Hear you go notice lunch.

1-IMG_2321_zps107682b9.jpg

Yep. It was there when we cruised in May. Just showed our Sea Pass cards, and found one of those reserved seating tables.:)

Portofino had a similar sign for suites ;)

Edited by orville99

Now that I think about it, the area near the WJ (Oasis and Freedom...don't hold me to it, but I think it was those two ships), were available during breakfast only. I don't remember seeing that for lunch.

Sorry if it stirred up problems for some. Glad you guys broke the ice though :p

To me the best place for breakfast is the MDR. No waiting in line with the herd at the WJ. You're seated and served like human beings. On our last couple of cruises we ate breakfast in the MDR every day. Food is hot and made to order - no cold runny eggs like the buffet or cold toast. We've also done lunch in the MDR on sea days.

Can't get eggs much fresher than the cook handing them to you at the omelette station in WJ. ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hear you go notice lunch.

1-IMG_2321_zps107682b9.jpg

Yep, sign was there on my May 4 and May 24 Freedom cruises. Was able to eat breakfast and lunch in Chops but had to bring food in from Windjammer. Looking forward to trying Portafino for "cooked to order" on Aug 3 Freedom :D

Really, the last thing we need is for the 'general public' to see diamonds & above in separate roped-off areas in public venues.

I agree that I can't see the point in a canteen, separately yes, but you would still have to fetch your own food, queue, etc. not much of an advantage and probably quite embarrassing for both sides. Maybe. Well I would be anyway.

Ok, thanks Max. We were on a smaller ship, Grandeur, last year, and it was a lot more difficult to find a seat at certain times. Hopefully Jewel is a little more spread out. Thanks!

No problem! There's definitely plenty of seats around the Windjammer. In fact, it's the only ship we've been on where they have outdoor tables, too. It was a great place to eat during sea days!

If my memory serves me, Explorer had a 'secret passage' into a specialty restaurant for D+ and gold cards. I have not seen a special area within the WJ proper.

Unless they changed things since December, D+ was not allowed in Portofino's during breakfast and lunch. Only Suite and Pinnacle. If D+ is allowed to use it, I guess I will try it out next month.;)

Gwen :)

I know they had Portofino for "gold card only" on Mariner and Voyager; but nobody was "checking" on Mariner so it was pretty much open season.

Never looked on Serenade because they did decent Continental breakfast in the CL.