Navigator – September 2014

Oasis – 16th August 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour –

Vision -

Voyager -

The voucher are for the same drinks as offered in the DL/CL. Basic cocktails, beer, wine and sparkling wine.... nothing frozen, exotic, etc.

Actually I am waiting for that post where someone writes that they offered some sort of extra tip and got a drink that is not on the menu. Seems many folks are notorious for asking the staff to risk getting fired and break the rules for them.

m

What Rules? Do you have some inside information about the internal rules that RCI has for the servers in the D/L? Some servers will gladly get something not a basic cocktail. An example was we had a frozen Margarita on Cinco de Mayo.

This is from Enchantment, but should be representative:

Enchantment_DL_CL_drinks.JPG

I'm not much of a drinker, so sorry for my ignorance on this, but what does it mean by "All mixers and juices"?

Does that mean I could use a voucher to get my 2 year old an apple juice or something?

I'm not much of a drinker, so sorry for my ignorance on this, but what does it mean by "All mixers and juices"?

Does that mean I could use a voucher to get my 2 year old an apple juice or something?

All you can do is ask. Some ships might allow that, some not.

...Actually I am waiting for that post where someone writes that they offered some sort of extra tip and got a drink that is not on the menu. Seems many folks are notorious for asking the staff to risk getting fired and break the rules for them...
I have gotten a drink not on the menu that I never asked for. I was drinking "scotch" on the rocks; no further request. I enjoy scotch, but make no claims to being an expert. We had a friendly waiter who took good care of us for a few days, and we joked with him and tipped him pretty well. About day 3 a friend who is pretty knowledgeable asked what kind of scotch I was drinking, and I said Dewars. He said the color doesn't look like Dewars, let me smell it; and said he was pretty sure that's Chivas. Upon inquiry the waiter shrugged, and did not deny that it was Chivas. Am I guilty for having unknowingly accepting an upgrade.

Thom

Very slow limited roll out!

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance - June 2014

Enchantment -

Explorer – 14th June 2014

Freedom – August 2014

Grandeur -

Independence - 14th June 2014

Jewel –

Legend –

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch -

Oasis – 16th August 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour –

Vision -

Voyager -

Is this the most recent list? I now the Enchantment is using vouchers on our 7/25/14 cruise and I thought I saw an earlier date. I also thought there there were several more dates listed.

RCCL stated that the program will be in place in the Fall.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

What Rules? Do you have some inside information about the internal rules that RCI has for the servers in the D/L? Some servers will gladly get something not a basic cocktail. An example was we had a frozen Margarita on Cinco de Mayo.

I've never seen any frozen cocktails offered. Perhaps the holiday had something to do with it.

enjoy

M

I agree with this. It depends on who is there, and what the suite guests or 'certain passengers' are requesting. Sometimes a server or a concierge will stock something special on a particular cruise for someone.

If I see a bottle on the shelf that I do not usually see, I may ask if the bartender can make a certain drink with it. They have always been happy to make it. I have asked for certain things and been told, 'sorry, we don't have that' and I have also said, 'do you happen to have X?' and it has been there.

As always, YMMV!

We are sailing on Navigator on August 10 and received the e-mail that we would be getting the 3 vouchers each evening on that cruise in addition to the diamond lounge. Not sure when they will start with the vouchers.

Mary Anne

We just came back from Ex and used the drink vouchers. What do you want to know?

On Explorer, did they still have the Diamond Event or just the vouchers? We always enjoy the lounge/events to be able to talk to other frequent cruisers.

We were on the Explorer back in April and we had the Diamond Event each night. We could drink as much as we wanted with the normal selections of wine, etc., PLUS, they also put 3 FREE drink vouchers on our sea pass card each evening to ALSO use in the Diamond Lounge or several other bars and lounges on the ship.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just came back from Ex and used the drink vouchers. What do you want to know?

Since there is no DL on EX what types of drinks can you get at the other bars with the voucher? Leaving on EX in two weeks.

Thank you!

Since there is no DL on EX what types of drinks can you get at the other bars with the voucher? Leaving on EX in two weeks.

Thank you!

This is from Enchantment, but seems to be the standard offering in the DL/CL, which is also what the vouchers provide:

Enchantment_DL_CL_drinks.JPG

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance - NOW

Enchantment - 4 August 2014

Explorer – NOW

Freedom – August 2014

Grandeur -

Independence - NOW

Jewel –

Legend –

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch -

Oasis – 16th August 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour –

Vision -

Voyager -

Thank you!

Marci22 what was your experience on Ex with drink selection at the bars?

Thanks

Marci22 what was your experience on Ex with drink selection at the bars?

Thanks

We were not familiar with the exact allowable drinks menu, so we told them we were ordering our concierge lounge voucher drinks and asked what we could get. They would just hand us a menu. It listed various basic alcohols and mixers.

Personally, I did not think the bartenders were very friendly when we inquired, and I did tip them every time. (although the ones at the Champagne bar were very nice)

ps I had been getting some martini type drinks in the CL (they seemed to have extra inventory) but I didn't ask at the outside bars if this was possible. I'm sure it wouldn't have been. I think they stock the favorites of higher-level cruisers and suite guests upon their request and if they have something on hand they seem to have no problem making a drink with it if you ask.

Edited by marci22

We were not familiar with the exact allowable drinks menu, so we told them we were ordering our concierge lounge voucher drinks and asked what we could get. They would just hand us a menu. It listed various basic alcohols and mixers.

Personally, I did not think the bartenders were very friendly when we inquired, and I did tip them every time. (although the ones at the Champagne bar were very nice)

ps I had been getting some martini type drinks in the CL (they seemed to have extra inventory) but I didn't ask at the outside bars if this was possible. I'm sure it wouldn't have been. I think they stock the favorites of higher-level cruisers and suite guests upon their request and if they have something on hand they seem to have no problem making a drink with it if you ask.

Thank you for the insight! Will see in a couple of weeks on Ex.