LOVED Art Studio on Silhouette! - Available on other ships now, too???

cbny

I had an amazing trip on Silhouette a couple of years back and absolutely loved the art studio there - great classes, free workshop time, beautiful location with floor-to-ceiling open windows overlooking the ocean with a fabulous breeze - and I am hoping the same type of experience is available on other X ships. Has a studio been added to any of the M-class ships that have been Solsticized or is that only a feature of S-class ships like Silhouette?

Wife also loved the art studio on the Silhouette and will miss it on our next two cruises on the Solstice and Eclipse that have the hot glass show instead. We both love the hot glass show too so that will cushion the lack of the art studio.

I wonder if others can comment on whether the art studio is still available now that Celebrity has made severe cuts in the activities staff...................bad decision IMHO since activities on Celebrity set them apart from many cruise lines; especially on long voyages like TAs and 14 day trips as on the Eclipse

Thanks for comment on Reflection that I would like to sail on.

Whether they still have it after the cuts this spring is a mystery but we will not be on a ship that has/had it until next year at the earliest with our current bookings.

They had it on the Reflection about 6 months ago. The slots were always fully booked, so it seems as if it would have been a money maker.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just off the Sillie on Sunday. Art classes were being conducted by an American crew member, one of about ten on board. Watercolor postcard class was listed in the dailies and I strolled by as it was going on, but that is about all the info I can provide.

Paul

On Silhouette TA the classes were conducted by Faith. I believe there were 2 free ones but the rest were $25. I was too late to get into any of them as they filled up very fast. When I went up one day with a few others who were also disappointed, she let us come in and stand behind the students and observe what she was teaching. I thought that was very generous of her. The studio is quite small and I think the class may have held about a dozen. She had the materials all laid out beautifully for them.

Is the Art Studio available to kids? I have a 12 is that is rather gifted with drawing and painting. I think she would enjoy this very much. Or is there an age limit?

By the way cruising with the family 5 April on the Silhouette. Thanks.

Is the Art Studio available to kids? I have a 12 is that is rather gifted with drawing and painting. I think she would enjoy this very much. Or is there an age limit?

By the way cruising with the family 5 April on the Silhouette. Thanks.

I think your daughter would be quite welcome in the class.

Would love more info also. What classes are offered? How long do they last? Can you sign up on line before departure? Inquiring minds???

The water color class was one hour. Sorry, can't recall the other classes offered. No sign up on line. I'm sure there may have been a sign up sheet in the art studio before hand, but we just showed up and luckily there was room.

Edited by C-Dragons

On Reflection in Dec, the instructor had been hired to do just that, i.e., wasn't on the CD's staff, and she offered an array of classes from watercolor postcards (the only free one), acrylic and Asian brush painting to more crafty jewelry making of several types. We did the water color plus two fee-based jewelry classes. A lot of fun, and as said, in an inspiring setting with the all windowed-room!

To the poster wondering about her 12yo, yes, I think a young person of that age would be fine! Any younger might be a bit of a challenge for all, but the setting is casual and creative, a great way for a parent and child to spend time together!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app