Pride "Gilligan's Island Tour"-Sept. 15th

Martita B.

Sailor's, I thought I would start a new, separate thread, as to a roll call for the Seabourn Pride, Sept. 15th-18th New York Waterways, Long Island and the Hudson River Cruise. In the "Herman's Gang" group. these are booked.

J.B., M.S., A.W., M.C., L.T., E.G. & M.G., A.B. & A.B., D.L. J.R. E.B. & F.B. and

Martita B. (only a few C.C.er's)

Please post your name or initials if you are booked on "The Gilligan's Island Three Day Tour!"

Again, I am so very disappointed that Seabourn's yearly ship schedule could not continue this "Three Day Reunion!" For some of us, it will be our 4th year being together!

Martita

Rotty~~~~could be my imagination, but I've thought for the past 3 years that our New York Waterways 3 Day sailing the food and menus were "bumped up a notch!" Last year Cheffy J.P. did an outstanding and extraordinary job.......also, the flower arrangemnets seemed to be fuller and much larger.........could this be after the Pride has been in Europe the past 5 months?

I would like to hear opinions from others on our board that have been aboard for the "Sampler."

Martita

I did visit with Blue Lagoon about our always sold out New York Waterways Three Day tour.....but alas, as they plan the schedules around the 7 and 14 day sailings, for the year, the "the math" didn't/couldn't work. Perhaps and I'm hoping, as many Seabourn sailors are, that in the future it will be added on in Sept. Such a dee-lightful, fun time we have!

Martita

We could 'kick ourselves' for not having signed up for it last year. We boarded on September 19 for a back to back from NYC to Quebec and back. As we were boarding, all of you 'hearty partiers' were getting off. We heard the fun stories from the crew during our two weeks and we were envious! Do enjoy this year. Hopefully it will be back again sometime in the future. One day, Martha, we will be on a cruise with you and your friends - it would be most enjoyable to meet you and the others along with always enjoying Seabourn.

dd~~~~last Sept. when a few of us disembarked we were tired and frazzled after leaving London on Aug. 28th.......but a grand time was had for 21 days!

We would loveeee for you to join us......many unusual fetes, parties and galas are always "just around the corner" when we sail together. I've laughed and said, "someone can merely drop their hat and a party breaks out!" We believe in celebrating LIFE.......and are appreciative of all its pleasures and experiences. Especially on the Seabourn ships! (the staff and crew know your desires and needs before you do!)

Happy Sailing!

Martita

Martita,

We do look forward to traveling with you and your fun fellow crusiers one day. You certainly have been a positive spokesperson for Seabourn and you sound so thoughtful and enjoyable. Meeting you is on our list as we sign up for future cruises. Thank you again for your advise and marvelous tidbits. I did get the tea lights for a romantic dinner in our suite. I have yet to try your Velveeta Fudge recipe! What a wealth of information you are. Thanks so much.

And "thank YOU" for all your uplifting, happy and helpful posts!

Glad to hear you found/purchased the flameless tea lights! These were MADE for ocean travel......

Oh, and don't forget your Walmart rubber doorstops! hahaha They actually do come in very handy, if your suite closet door "slams" on you! I wish the Boutique would carry them......(can you imagine me requesting such? haha)

Happy Sailing!

Martita

Hi Martita,

What is Veleveeta Fudge???? Can you bring the recipe when I see you in NYC? Sounds interesting.

Been so busy, have not had time to post much or read much for that matter...

Its too bad this will be the last 3 day cruise (at least for the 05-06). Who knows, maybe with all the people you know at Blue Lagoon you can get it returned in 2007....

Bon Voyage.....

cruisr~~~the Velveeta Holiday Fudge is a marvelous (actually, THE best fudge recipe that I've ever tasted) candy. Last year, in December, I had the pastry Cheffy make it for the Staff and "Bridge fellows" for their Christmas treat! It's very simple, but again, dee-licious! I use the home grown pecans off my trees! I will e-mail you the recipe! A wonderful gift for family and next-door neighbors. I posted the recipe here on our CC board. Many Sailors ran out and bought Velveeta! (Cheffy had to look for it in St. Thomas)

I thought I would nominate YOU for a HIGH position on "Blue Lagoon Bayou" in order for YOU to arrange a New York/Long Island 3 Day Tour for all of us in 2006. Or do you suppose we might all "chip in" and just charter the Pride for a

"circle" around 'ole New York?

So looking forward to seeing and being with you in Sept.!

Hug's and Hurray's to you!

Martita B.

Seabourn Sailor's Fudge (A nice gift to take to your housekeeper)

1 box (8 oz.) Velveeta Cheese

1 c. butter (or oleo)

2 lbs (2 box's) powered sugar

1/2 c. cocoa

2 t. vanilla

1 c. chopped pecans

Melt cheese and butter in Microwave for 1 1/2 min,'s (until melted) in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the powered sugar and the cocoa (I mix these together) Add vanilla and nuts. Spread in a buttered 13X9 pan. Chill

VOLIA! This is THE best fudge recipe I have ever had! And so quick and easy!

(helps if your pecans are fresh home grown)

And it is wonderful~and so easy~

Wish I was sailing with you all! Just returned from the Baltic on the Crystal Symphony, nice cruise, nice line but for the price (about the same per diem as Seabourn) so not up to par with the triplets. I am so glad I will be rejoining the Seabourn family in 2006!

Bon Voyage!!!

Thanks Jane for posting the "Sailor's Fudge".......now cruisr will have the easy, but delicious recipe! (speaking of cruisr......she IS truly THE ultimate source of Seabourn inquiries and answers.......a lovely, smart gal!)

James~~~I am SO disappointed that you will not be with the "Herman Gilligan's Gang" this year! The "G's" and the "B's" will also miss you terribly! We'll toast with our "Bonne Dunne", that we shall all be together again, in 2006!

Oh, you'll enjoy this......"I'm sending my new fancy Carmen Miranda headpiece to a friend of mine, to wear at our New York Sail-a-bration! I'm going to wear my old everyday longhorns, with the tiara! You might say, "she'll just be old hat!"

I send hugs to San Fran!

Martita B.

Martha -

excuse me - but isn't that YOUR fudge recipe taht you gave to teh Seabourn chef & made for the crew yourself????? I thought I remember reading teh recipe on the boards awhile back after many people n teh board requested it.

Any who - without the home grown pecans from your ranch......

So in the future maybe it should be named - "Maritas Fudge With Home Grown Texas Pecans From Her Ranch Made For Her Beloved Seabourne Crew"

Please let me know if it is indeed your recipe.....thanks

Rotty, actually I aquired the fudge recipe from a Junior League member from Lubbock, Texas. And it is the best I've ever tasted.

I didn't "stir up" the fudge for the Pride crew, but left the recipe for the pastry Cheffy......I did, however, make the "Fried Corn-on-the-cob" ('ole Louisiana deer

hunter's recipe) one voyage......wooden pop-cycle sticks in the end and even took the plastic bibs for the Pride guests! Surely had a hard time finding the PLAIN bibs, as most of them either had a picture of a lobster or RIBS printed on them. I finally found the plain ones on a nursing/care center supplies web site. Then I simply stamped yellow corn cobs on the bibs! We drank champagne and ate corn! It's the Seabourn way!

Martita

As the poster who assumed that everyone would know, it is indeed Martha's Famous Fudge Recipe. I merely searched the site and found it to re-post it.

Obviously it's not mine and I apologize to anyone who thought I would try and take credit for this fantastic fudge.

Jane (who has no pecan trees in her 6th floor city condo)

Jane~~~have you ever grown "hanging" cucumbers in a hanging basket? One year I grew them......they are fun and so easy. The nursery has these plants. (of course these would need a patio or a balcony) I have good friends in New York City that have a herb garden on their balcony.......they grow pots of everything........ mint to basil.

MB

Alas, I live in a loft, an old factory conversion with historical 'significance'. So, no patio or balcony, French or otherwise. However my floors are 18" of concrete and my windows are 8'x4' and wrap around.

Jane (no green thumb, either)

Thanks Martha....

Jane - I was just checking.....it would be tooo funny if indeed there were 2 fudge recipes.

"Farming" in the city is a challenge - I keep a garden out at the beach...seems the soot here covers everything in Manhattan,,,my poor flower boxes get vacuamed 2x a week.

Martha - keep those recipes comeing - like your Seabourn Galas - they are the best!

Here's another of Martita's winners

O.K., Seabourn Pickle lovers......these are THE best!!! Akin to "Bread and Butter" ones.

Texas Fire 'n Ice Pickles

1 gallon whole Dill pickles (any brand--I use Wal Mart)

1 large sack sugar (4 or 5 pds)

1/2 medium size bottle of Tabasco (don't make 'em too hot)

Drain and discard juice. Keep jar

slice all the pickles in desired widths

start layering pickles, sugar and a few drops of Tabasco back into the jar.

keep on layering until all 3 ingredients are used.

(sometimes I press down gently in order to keep on layering)

Screw the lid on tightly. Keep on kitchen counter and turn the jar daily.

I'll shake the jar for the first day......to mix the ingedients.

After 6 days, WALLA.....the best pickles in the world!

Refridgerate

I transfer the pickles and some juice into smaller Mason jars, add my label and give as gifts! Wonderful small hostess or Christmas presents.

No one knows exactly why these work, but they DO! Tastes just like you

grew your cucumbers and "put 'em up!" Like your Grandmother's! Great for

sandwiches, burger's etc......

Enjoy!

Martita

Archived