Rci gremlins strike again

jebl

I booked my Allure cruise onboard and transferred to my TA. Have been making regular payments and she send me an updated invoice each time.

Lat month when I made a payment, the invoice showed a remaining balance of $739.

Just emailed her to make another payment and the remaining balance has jumped to to $1049!!! She is calling RCI to check on what happened. Looks like something either fell off of they repriced the cabin.

I am sure she will get it fixed. But RCI really needs to do something with their programmers, like take them out and shoot them.

I would think that the powers that be would be embarassed by all of the glitches they have in their IT system.

I save all of the emails with invoices in a folder for each cruise. I have 3 booked also but am concentrating on paying off the next one as it is the costliest.

You really have to save everything these days.

RCL has had a failed/failing IT system for as long as we can remember. Speaking with IT people on various ships, it is clear that the Company is well aware of the systems failures. We believe that the Company, for some unknown reason, has been unwilling to hire competent people to fix the IT

I booked my Allure cruise onboard and transferred to my TA. Have been making regular payments and she send me an updated invoice each time.

Lat month when I made a payment, the invoice showed a remaining balance of $739.

Just emailed her to make another payment and the remaining balance has jumped to to $1049!!! She is calling RCI to check on what happened. Looks like something either fell off of they repriced the cabin.

I am sure she will get it fixed. But RCI really needs to do something with their programmers, like take them out and shoot them.

I would think that the powers that be would be embarassed by all of the glitches they have in their IT system.

Every time someone goes into a reservation there is a possibility that something that is not supposed to get changed does. Your making "payments" all the time just makes the chances greater. Why not make one deposit and one final payment?

So I won't be tempted to spend it on other things!!

This is the first time this has happened when making payments through my TA.

Edited by jebl

Same thing happened to me yesterday - I made a payment because final payment is coming up next month and I didn't want to have make such a substantial payment so I contaced my TA and paid half of what was still owing. To the surprise of the TA the final amount was not what it should have been. It did not take long to determine what had happened. They had eliminated my traditional dining which I have had for a year and replaced it with my time dining and of course added the gratuaties to my outstanding balance. They could of course not reach RCI yesterday afternoon so they said they will call them today and send me an amended invoice. I so far today have heard nothing but I will be back on the phone tomorrow if I don't hear something today - I DO NOT want My Time Dining. So RCI why don't you just FIX your program issues and get some compentant people IT people working for you.

Problem is that the "powers that be" are significantly sheltered from all the complaints of their customers.

For the most part, companies do not do things until they are forced to do them. Until the bottom line starts getting impacted negatively at a large enough level there will be no upgrades made to the ability/talent of the IT staff.

Really? Am I the only one going to comment about this part of your post? With all the gun issues and people getting shot and dying, you're going to say RCI's programmers should be taken out and shot? SHAME on you. :mad:

Really? Am I the only one going to comment about this part of your post? With all the gun issues and people getting shot and dying, you're going to say RCI's programmers should be taken out and shot? SHAME on you. :mad:

You mean "people" issues, don't you?

Good grief, lighten up:rolleyes: SHAME on you and your political correctness:mad:

Wow. Someone cant take a joke!

There are no "gun issues", there are PEOPLE issues, but thats a different story for a different day on a different message forum.

You mean "people" issues, don't you?

Wow. Someone cant take a joke!

There are no "gun issues", there are PEOPLE issues, but thats a different story for a different day on a different message forum.

:):):)

Take them all out back and shoot them.....

With water pistols!!!!:D

Seriously though, I do not believe it is so much a competence issue, or a people issue. It is a complexity issue, and coding can always produce issues between platforms. The cruise lines, at least some of them, have tried to do everything via computer and the internet. THEY have increased the complexity and now the programmers have to make it work. There's myriad booking options, for everything from the cruise itself, to restaurant, shore excursion and entertainment reservations, across numerous ships and millions of passengers. Add to it all the rules and price changes they make, OBC, etc. It's a nightmare, and not just for the passengers but the folks who have to make this work.

Look, you go online and buy something from Amazon; it's straight forward. Select the item, give them your credit card info and they ship it. Not so with cruise lines. Even the airlines have it easier, much easier!

In an effort to save money and make even more, they have put everything into computers and the internet interface with them. Nothing wrong with that, but just understand what you are getting into when you do that.

This is not a competence issue, it is a complexity issue, and when you have ALL this going on behind the scenes, with perhaps millions of lines of code being written, it doesn't take much for things to get fouled up. You fix one issue and, guess what? It causes another one elsewhere.

I am quite certain that RCI has some of the BEST out there when it comes to this.

While I am not a programmer, I've worked with my share of them, good ones too. However when things get as complex as this, all bets are off.

I am not making excuses for RCI, but understand that management created this issue, not the IT folks.