Miami Metro

JZenkow

I am interested in taking the metro from Miami airport to hotel. I havent seen anyone suggest this as a possible alternative to shuttle or taxi. It looks like a couple could save 20 or more dollars by doing this, Is there some problem I am unaware about?

I am interested in taking the metro from Miami airport to hotel. I havent seen anyone suggest this as a possible alternative to shuttle or taxi. It looks like a couple could save 20 or more dollars by doing this, Is there some problem I am unaware about?

I may not be 100% accurate but I think it travels thru and has stops in some not so nice neighborhoods where you will stick out like a sore thumb as a tourist with your luggage.

It is doable, but not the most convenient, as you have to take shuttles, transfers, and schlep your luggage around, and the stations are not in the most desirable parts of town.

I would rather pay the $25 - $30 for a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Taxis from MIA to the downtown area have a flat rate + tip.

search is your friend

try searching this thread for "metro rail"

among those that pop up

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2024297&highlight=metro+rail

for a system map see: http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metrorail.asp

editorial comment: Having lived in Miami for more than 10 years and working downtown for part of that time I'm fairly familiar with Metro and the People Mover systems. For the price of one round of foo-foo drinks or a bottle of wine - I take a taxi in this situation. It ain't worth the hassle to me. Taking these systems for a work commute is one thing ... dragging bags too .... no thanks.