Need your help please!

ynnoj

Flying into FLL the day before our cruise on Reflection out of the Port of Miami. My ? is where to stay, FLL or MIA and the best way to get to Miami if we stay there. Looking for clean with a nice pool! Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked and answered.

I'm not sure what you budget is or how fancy of a hotel that you may want but we stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL Airport. They have an airport shuttle, a clean indoor corridor hotel that offers more of a suite than a room. They had a nice pool area and a pretty decent complimentary breakfast as well.

The hotel is located next to a 24 hr Walgreens and across the street from a shopping center that has several stores plus a few restaurants. Being this close to shopping and a restaurant was a nice perk as we did not have a rental car.

The next morning we used QLS shuttle service to get to the Port of Miami and then a return pick-up after the cruise. They were on time and very professional. They also offer a 9am pick-up at the hotels, so we were some of the very first to arrive at the port and get through security and onto the ship.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Sleep Inn again or to use QLS shuttle . We had a great experience with both.

Your dates and budget would be a big help - the under $100 room in August can go for over $300 in February.

We prefer to stay in the FLL area and then make our way to POM (about 45 minutes away) the next day - http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info. The Embassy Suites is great, with a nice pool, but there are several Marriott and Hilton brand hotels at various price points in the downtown/17th Street area.

If you choose to stay in Miami understand that downtown hotels do not offer port shuttles, but a cab will only run about $12-15. Popular hotels include the Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinental and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell Village.

Explore both towns hotels on Tripadvisor.com. I would go to Miami or Miami Beach close to port so you can get to Miami port early and easy. Lots of shuttles going either way. Do a search top of this page. Stay away from Miami airport area.

Thank you for your help so far, the two of us are arriving Dec. 12 around noon. We would prefer to be between $100-200 range. I really appreciate your feedback.

I would spend the night in Fort Lauderdale. Get a cab to a hotel, spend the day by the pool, take SAS shuttle to the port of Miami the next morning.

I like the Doubletree Galleria or The Riverside Hotel.

Both on Water Taxi stops (you have to request the Riverside), both have tons of shops, dining, and attractions within short walking distance, both on the water.

Thank you for your help so far, the two of us are arriving Dec. 12 around noon. We would prefer to be between $100-200 range. I really appreciate your feedback.

www.lmtclub.com

Has the Embassy Suites for under $200.00 for your Dec 12. 2014.

Your dates and budget would be a big help - the under $100 room in August can go for over $300 in February.

We prefer to stay in the FLL area and then make our way to POM (about 45 minutes away) the next day - http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info. The Embassy Suites is great, with a nice pool, but there are several Marriott and Hilton brand hotels at various price points in the downtown/17th Street area.

If you choose to stay in Miami understand that downtown hotels do not offer port shuttles, but a cab will only run about $12-15. Popular hotels include the Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinental and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell Village.

JohninDc

Is there any nice hotels downtown close to port with free parking we are going to rent a car at PBI and drive to Miami and drop off at Avis on 2 nd st in morning of cruise they say they have shuttle to port ?

JohninDc

Is there any nice hotels downtown close to port with free parking we are going to rent a car at PBI and drive to Miami and drop off at Avis on 2 nd st in morning of cruise they say they have shuttle to port ?

Nope - most downtown and Miami beach hotels charge their paying guests $25-30+/night for parking. :eek:

I would stay in the FLL area (although some of the beach hotels and our favorite Embassy Suites also charge for parking :() or look for hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Homewood Suites there is very nice) with dining and shopping nearby.