London Hotels offered by PRINCESS

napunani

Seeking feedback on these hotels that PRINCESS is offering as a pre-cruise package prior to sailing out of Southampton.

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel

Pullman London Pancras

Grosvenor House

Thanks!

Seeking feedback on these hotels that PRINCESS is offering as a pre-cruise package prior to sailing out of Southampton.

Pullman London Pancras

Grosvenor House

Thanks!

The Princess hotel package price is sky high.

Have you thought of booking them direct, or through a discount outlet?

Pullman London Pancras

Grosvenor House

Thanks!

Just another thought, have you joined your roll call. You may meet up with others who are planning a stay in London pre-cruise and then getting a van to Southampton. We did this in 2009. Made all our own arrangements.:)

Just another thought, have you joined your roll call. You may meet up with others who are planning a stay in London pre-cruise and then getting a van to Southampton. We did this in 2009. Made all our own arrangements.:)

Try this link!! :D

Try this Email address!!

info@silver-fleet.com;

Cato :)

http://www.silver-fleet.co.uk/Default.aspx

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California Coastal

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May, 2014, LA - Vancouver one way

Edited by Donna's Dad

We're booked in the Grange Tower Bridge hotel for October. It's my first time using a Princess hotel. I checked the price booking direct with the hotel and it was the same price that Princess offered. The difference is when you book with Princess it includes a transfer from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to Southampton. That's a considerable savings. It is crazy expensive though. I'm not sure why I decided to try the Princess hotel this time but we'll see how it goes.

Except for the Grosvenor House, those hotels are terribly located. The Grange is in a commercial area of Whitechapel, nowhere near a Tube station or near any restaurants/pubs. The Pullman is on Euston Road, a very busy street, midway between Euston station and King's Cross station. So you're close to the Tube and maybe a few restaurants but it's also kind of a sterile area (lots of office buildings) and not really nice/atmospheric. For my taste, both are too far away from core sightseeing London. I wouldn't be pleased with either even if they were cheap; if they're expensive as you say, then no way. Look elsewhere.

Thanks Donna's Dad for the transfer company SILVER FLEET info. Have you utilized them?

I have to agree...the PRINCESS hotels are remotely located and very expensive, so we are looking for other options and welcome any recommendations.

Thanks!

Thanks Donna's Dad for the transfer company SILVER FLEET info. Have you utilized them?

I have to agree...the PRINCESS hotels are remotely located and very expensive, so we are looking for other options and welcome any recommendations.

Thanks!

Yes we used them from London to Southampton for the Royal Pricess

Inaugural cruise, in June 2013. and had good service. :D

Cato. :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California Coastal

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May, 2014, LA - Vancouver one way

We sailed out of Dover this past June and stayed at the Grange hotel through Princess. I normally book my own hotel and transportation, but oddly enough, this time it came out to be a better price with Princess. We actually had the van to ourselves from Heathrow to the hotel and then of course a bus to Dover, but it was fast and very efficient.

Granted the hotel was a bit out of the way for many things, but we had planned on going to the Tower of London and that was just a couple blocks away. There actually is a Tube station not too far that we walked by a couple of times also. When I looked on a map it seemed like it was a distance, but truly it wasn't very far at all. Two blocks from the hotel there was a street with several Pub's. We went to dinner there and had a great time with very good food.

The hotel itself was modern, so if a true British experience is what you are hoping for, this really won't be it. But that being said, it was very clean and quite nice. The buffet breakfast was included also in the package, which saved us money also. Service there was also excellent and the hotel offers free wifi in case that is of interest.

I really weighed out the pro's and con's of doing our own booking this time, and like I said, it did come out better on this occasion.

Have a great trip.

We just returned from our cruise and stayed at the Grange 2 nights pre-cruise. English breakfast was included in the price but there is a pub just across the street. There is also a Tesco and Sainsburys within 2 blocks.

Hotel is modern and clean. It was very busy with 'hen parties' but quiet at night.

Transfer from LHR was just the 2 of us in a van so no long wait to fill a bus. Transfer to Dover was on a bus (just Grange guests) at noon.

The Tower Hill tube stop is located about 5 min walk from the hotel. We took the District line to Kew Gardens. That evening we had dinner at one of the restaurants at St. Katharine Docks (10-15 min) walk.

We would definitely stay at the Grange again.

Pullman London Pancras

Grosvenor House

Thanks!

Grosvenor House is a 5 Star Hotel. Expect the best. You won't be Disappointed.

Grosvenor House is a 5 Star Hotel. Expect the best. You won't be Disappointed.

I agree - of the three, I would choose here - its a lovely hotel and close to Oxford Street, Mayfair, Soho, Regent Street - there are pubs and restaurants in easy walking distance.

I travel to UK every year.

The London Hotels are outrageously expensive.If you are use to and expect the best quality don't go below a 5 star.

One of the 4 star Hotels which is clean and reasonable priced is Holiday Inn Kensington Forum.The underground station is just around the corner to the left.Short walk to Kensington High Street for shopping and eats plus Kensington Palace or you can take the underground if you don't like walking.Found it to be a very handy position.it was recommended to me years ago by the British Airways representative in Vancouver.Many of the overseas flight persons stay there. Heather:)

We stayed at Grosvenor through Princess in 2008 and it was fantastic. Room was fairly large and comfortable. The plane got it five hours late, but the Princess folks were there and quickly put us on a small van which dropped off at three hotels through insane traffic. Grosvenor dropoff was in an enclosed courtyard just north of the area where all the lawyers are. They took care of everything - checkin, bag handling, and getting us on a big bus to Southhampton several days later. First class all the way.

The hotel location was great - within a block of the tube and lots of restaurants around. McDonalds across the street, some great donut shops within a block or so. Maybe four blocks to the British Museum. The only downside of the local pub scene was that you generally couldn't get in the doors but the locals seemed to be having a great time.

Would we stay there again? Not sure - it was nearly $400/night. But it did include some very expensive transfers and the people at the hotel were really great.

I've NEVER used any cruise line's hotel packages in London...the prices are typically outrageous...You can do much better on your own--even with 4 and 5 star hotels...

Last visit, we found a new favorite hotel as we got a great deal--

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge

http://www.parkplaza.com/london-hotel-gb-se1-7ut/gbwestmi?gclid=CjwKEAjw9LKeBRDurOugs43jnlgSJACUXqHxMTIB_M3CU8P2XCgBbhzjCpA5_wYC63Y5NsGtumhdFxoCXRrw_wcB&s_cid=se.12106798

Great location across the bridge from Parliament/Big Ben, about a block from the London Eye...walkable to almost everywhere...And, great hotel...We had a suite with an incredible view...and for a very reasonable, by London standards, price...

I hope you are in London for a few days--and not staying there only to fly in, spend the night and transfer down to Southampton the next morning. If that's the plan, then I'd advise skipping London, just going from Heathrow right down to Southampton...and spending the night before there--with less stress and cost. I'd recommend the Holiday Inn on Herbert Walker (We've stayed there a couple of times)...Near the historic parts of the city and the big shopping mall...and right next to the docks (the dock Celebrity uses is, quite literally, right next to the hotel)...

Good luck...

Yes, the hotel packages are high for double occupancy and punishing if you are traveling solo like me. I used trivago to find a hotel for my September trip. Set the parameters for your budget, stars, double/single occupancy, area, etc. and the search engine will give the room rates for the same hotel at different sites. I chose the Victoria area since the majority of my tours originate at Victoria bus station plus a 10 minute walk to Buckingham Palace. An FYI that Princess does offer a transfer to the ship leaving from Victoria Station to Southampton or visa versa for $54 (according to my TA). Since I am out sightseeing all day, I don't need a fancy room and went for a discount hotel that is conveniently located near Victoria Station.

In addition, for $38 US I got a share-a-ride from Heathrow to the hotel. For hotel to ship I paid more because I wanted to stop at Stonehenge (haven't been there) before embarkation. It is a lot of research and work on your part; however, you save and get specifically what you want. For example, my hotel, transfers, entry fees (Buckingham Palace & London Eye) and tours for a 3-day stay equaled to what I would pay for hotel stay and transfers only from Princess.

Will add links in another posting (at work and don't have it available).