Freedom of the Seas Questions

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I reviewed the RCC website to search for the information, but it is vague at best.

#1 Regarding the dining room, which level do you prefer...deck 3 Leonardo, deck 4 Issac, or deck 5 Galileo. Any positives or negatives?

#2 Ice Show....I keep reading to "reserve" tickets of it.....how does one go about doing that? It this something that is done during the online check in?

#3 Disembarkment....Again, I keep reading about luggage tags and how the color of the tags will indicate your departure time. If we want an early departure time, how do we go about getting the correct luggage tags? Also, I am considering carrying our bags off ourselves the morning of our departure, just so we don't have to wait for our bags on the curbside. What happens in that case?

#4 CoCo Cay tender....can you sign up in advance for the tender, so you can request a certain time, or is it first come, first serve?

If there is something on line that I am missing that would address questions like this, please direct me to it! We booked directly with RCCL and other than calling them with tons of questions, I am not sure where to get the answers. I think their website if vague and does not meet my needs!

Thanks again!

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I reviewed the RCC website to search for the information, but it is vague at best.

#1 Regarding the dining room, which level do you prefer...deck 3 Leonardo, deck 4 Issac, or deck 5 Galileo. Any positives or negatives?

#2 Ice Show....I keep reading to "reserve" tickets of it.....how does one go about doing that? It this something that is done during the online check in?

#3 Disembarkment....Again, I keep reading about luggage tags and how the color of the tags will indicate your departure time. If we want an early departure time, how do we go about getting the correct luggage tags? Also, I am considering carrying our bags off ourselves the morning of our departure, just so we don't have to wait for our bags on the curbside. What happens in that case?

#4 CoCo Cay tender....can you sign up in advance for the tender, so you can request a certain time, or is it first come, first serve?

If there is something on line that I am missing that would address questions like this, please direct me to it! We booked directly with RCCL and other than calling them with tons of questions, I am not sure where to get the answers. I think their website if vague and does not meet my needs!

Thanks again!

1) I like all levels of the dining room.

2) ice show tickets you can pre-book at royalcaribbean.com login and book your entertainment

3) go to customer service if you need a different time then assigned.

4) no, you just get in line. it's not too crazy most of the time, but early tenders may be busy.

Not much difference between dining room decks. We've been on all three and I don't have a preference.

Ice Show reservations will be available on the Pre-Cruise Planner section of Royal's website.

Speak to Guest Services about getting luggage tags for a specific time.

Tender is first come, first served.

The only drawback to Galileo is that you cannot see the last night festivities of waiters and chefs on the steps unless you are seated by the railing. It is very quiet and I do like that dining area.

I like to be on the first tender to CoCo Cay, it is not crowded and there is usually only a short line.

Have a great cruise on the Freedom, she is an awesome ship.

It's all one dining room...menu and dress code are the same. They simply name the different levels, so folks don't get lost.

The tenders run all day long....they are big "ferry boats"...seats about 150+....if you don't make one, just wait 10 mins, and another will be along.

It is usually not difficult to find your bags as they should be in a numbered section. However, if you decide to take your bags off yourself at debarkation, remember that you must have one hand free to use the escalators--otherwise you will be waiting to use the elevator--which can only accomodate about two pax with luggage.

It is usually not difficult to find your bags as they should be in a numbered section. However, if you decide to take your bags off yourself at debarkation, remember that you must have one hand free to use the escalators--otherwise you will be waiting to use the elevator--which can only accomodate about two pax with luggage.

When we disembarked from Freedom, the bags were going around a carousel (like at an airport). They weren't in numbered sections (which we saw when we got off Oasis last year).

OP, the deck 5 MDR is for My Time Dining guests. Deck 3 & 4 are for early/late dining.

You can't really pick which level of the dining room you want to sit at. You are assigned to a table.

Deck 5 is for those that signed up for MTD. Deck 3 and 4 are for regular early and late seating. I suppose you could see the maitre d on the first day and request a change from one level to another.