How Old is too Old to Sail NCL?

kcwingwalker

Someone just posted here the other day about the fact that they had booked a family cruise with Granny to celebrate her 100th birthday!!

I only hope I will be so lucky as to be taking a cruise at 100!

I've never heard of anyone being asked to complete a medical questionnaire pre cruise, and I've never seen anything put out by Norwegian or any cruise line to state you must be in good health to buy a ticket. There are many who cruise with all sorts of serious medical issues going on such as cancer, heart conditions, diabeties. It's between you and your doctor. NCL doesn't get involved.

Cruise lines are interested, however, if the passenger is pregnant, and may require certification from the person's physician that travel is OK.

Has anybody noticed NCL having age restrictions on shore excursions? I've only noticed it so far on Royal. Banned once from a Segway tour (I've done it since on both HAL and Crystal), and on a hike in Samana in 2013 that I'd have been excluded from the following year.

Roy

I was looking at a hike shore excursion for my November NCL cruise and it had a age restriction. Not over 70 years old.

Just curious on this one. Hey I've seen some really senior folks who are having one h*ll of a time. Saw two senior ladies in bikinis sharing a bucket of beer while enjoying breakfast from the buffet and they had to be well in their 80's......................or maybe they just stayed too long at the party:eek:

Yes, actually they were in their 40s. That is what beer for breakfast and too much time in the sun does to the body.;)

• 7 months later...

Have you heard that cruising is best enjoyed by 'newly weds and nearly deads'?

OK so I know NCL has some firm restrictions on the age when children can begin cruising. A child must be at least 6 months old and accompanied by an adult (the adult part makes sense).

But let's head out to the other end of the age spectrum. Does NCL or other cruise lines have any restrictions for seniors. I know you must be in good health and in some cases might be asked for a statement from a physician that a person is fit to travel, but at what age might a cruise line decline a booking because of advanced age?