What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

Anyone have any updated guesses? Any port schedules change that are hinting at what ship will replace Majesty? I'm hoping it will be Splendour, but that's just my opinion!

Splendour/Legend just don't have the PAX capacity. I'm sure Carnival and NCL would be thrilled though.

Just off of Indy....and the Hotel Manager on board, alluded to the possibility that Majesty will remain in the fleet, even though the announcement was put out by Royal. It is a very lucrative market and has some challenges when it comes to choosing a replacement....so time will tell.

Just off of Indy....and the Hotel Manager on board, alluded to the possibility that Majesty will remain in the fleet, even though the announcement was put out by Royal. It is a very lucrative market and has some challenges when it comes to choosing a replacement....so time will tell.

That's not going to happen.

You forgot to write "Her" again

That's not going to happen.

Personally, I agree that Royal put out the statement and would not have done it without the expectation that that Her Majesty will be retired....I am passing along what he said and that there has been lots of cross conversations about Her Majesty's usefulness to the fleet.

Edited by Paulette3028

Personally, I agree that Royal put out the statement and would not have done it without the expectation that that Her Majesty will be retired....I am passing along what he said and that there has been lots of cross conversations about Her Majesty's usefulness to the fleet.

Right. While I agree that she's a "cash cow" and that there will almost without question be a ship to replace her sailings in the 3/4 night South Florida market, theres virtually no chance of them scrapping the plan to dismiss Majesty from the fleet. The impending environmental regulations alone make it implausible.

Brilliance stops at Key West from Tampa on it way to other ports of call....so maybe a Radiance class ship will replace Her Majesty. Yes, she has a little less capacity at max (2502 to Her Majesty at 2744)....but she does have many more regular balcony cabins than on Her Majesty, where a balcony cabin is a JS.

Any of the Radiance Class ships would have more pax capacity that almost all of the Vision class ships with the exception of Enchantment.

This could be a good replacement....even though I am personally hoping for a Voyager class ship.

Brilliance stops at Key West from Tampa on it way to other ports of call....so maybe a Radiance class ship will replace Her Majesty. Yes, she has a little less capacity at max (2502 to Her Majesty at 2744)....but she does have many more regular balcony cabins than on Her Majesty, where a balcony cabin is a JS.

Any of the Radiance Class ships would have more pax capacity that almost all of the Vision class ships with the exception of Enchantment.

This could be a good replacement....even though I am personally hoping for a Voyager class ship.

You and me both! Voyager class would own the market.

I don't think that you will see a Radiance class ship doing the short runs. They have too many unique features that make them more valuable elsewhere.

-more of a cold weather ship

-ability to meet the more stringent emission standards that are required for different cruises.

I don't doubt that a Voyager class ship would rule the market but IMO I think that it will be a Vision class ship that ends up doing the 3/4 day runs.

I don't think that you will see a Radiance class ship doing the short runs. They have too many unique features that make them more valuable elsewhere.

-ability to meet the more stringent emission standards that are required for different cruises.

I don't doubt that a Voyager class ship would rule the market but IMO I think that it will be a Vision class ship that ends up doing the 3/4 day runs.

I think I agree with everything you said above. I don't see a Radiance class doing the short runs, and I'd love a Voyager class, but I too think that it'll be a Vision class. Which I am fine with...Hoping to do a short Bahamas cruise in Dec 16.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Every class of ship has features distinguishing it from other classes. I can't agree that those features make it more valuable elsewhere. Although Radiance design may make it more capable of handling cold weather...Jewel (from that class) spends a lot of time doing the S. Caribbean.

It is good that in only a few weeks, some of the speculation should be over....then the disagreements will start with the choice that Royal made for Her Majesty's replacement -- "Oh I wish they had chosen _______________ (fill in the blank" instead of...."

We agree with you, and Bob, most likely a Voyager class ship, and most likely the Navigator of the Seas!

Other than Radiance Class having gas turbines, what makes them so unique and so much more a cold weather ship than Vision Class?

Actually the gas guzzling turbines might be better used on Majesty's route because the ship is in port every day, and the run between Coco Cay and Nassau is at a dead slow speed.

Other than Radiance Class having gas turbines, what makes them so unique and so much more a cold weather ship than Vision Class?

Actually the gas guzzling turbines might be better used on Majesty's route because the ship is in port every day, and the run between Coco Cay and Nassau is at a dead slow speed.

Those turbines suck fuel but burn a lot cleaner than the diesel fuel Majesty. I don't think they'd be cheaper to operate or fuel at low speeds than comparable diesel at the same speeds. I guess one could say because of their turbines they can run itineraries that command a premium and I suspect cold weather ship means enclosed solarium.

Would be nice to have in Miami but I won't hold my breath.

Isn't Splendour the ship that doesn't appear on any port schedule yet?

Splendour is doing Mediterranean through November 2015 and then moves to Arabian Gulf through at least April 2016. At least so much as she is currently scheduled.

Splendour is doing Mediterranean through November 2015 and then moves to Arabian Gulf through at least April 2016. At least so much as she is currently scheduled.

Well, actually the last cruise available for booking on Splendour ends in Venice in Apr 2016. From there, she disappears from port schedules.

Ok. didn't know that. Maybe Adventure..

Well, actually the last cruise available for booking on Splendour ends in Venice in Apr 2016. From there, she disappears from port schedules.

The cruise port schedule I looked at this morning (which I'm not allowed to name by forum rules) had Adventure in Southern Caribbean in April 2016 (not scheduled past mid April) and according to the Royal Caribbean website Splendour is doing a 16 Night Suez Canal Cruise to Venice in early April. That is most likely a repositioning cruise to get her in place for Mediterranean cruising. Granted she could continue on from there to replace Majesty but that wouldn't get her to Miami until mid May.

Those turbines suck fuel but burn a lot cleaner than the diesel fuel Majesty. I don't think they'd be cheaper to operate or fuel at low speeds than comparable diesel at the same speeds. I guess one could say because of their turbines they can run itineraries that command a premium and I suspect cold weather ship means enclosed solarium.

Would be nice to have in Miami but I won't hold my breath.

Also Radiance has the worst pool deck and pool size of any class. I'm willing to put my neck out and say there is a 0% chance of seeing a Radiance Class in Miami taking over for Majesty.

Re Splendour, thinking about it more this could make sense. When is her next drydock scheduled? Legend was in Asia/Europe seemingly for years before returning for her upgrades... then now after a season in the Caribbean re-deployed back to Oz/Asia. Splendour has also been away for a very long time (Europe/South America)... is she due for drydock in Freeport? From a selfish point of view, the chances of me sailing on her are zero unless she's redeployed to North America so I'd love to see her come back. Maybe she could make sense in place of Majesty with more balconies/suites, she has Chops/Izumis and both DL/CL lounges, gym/spa (Majesty doesn't have), pool deck big screen, etc