Suite Balcony Bonus Sale

Seafoam Green

Well, finally something to get excited about in the mailbox today!

Since I couldn't find the 'free balcony upgrade' on the cruise I was interested in, I phoned Princess and was told that the sale begins tomorrow, JULY 22ND! So, balconies will be priced at OV rates. Sounds good, ships should start to fill up quick...

Here's my question to all of you well-traveled Princess folks: how soon do the online TAs get this pricing from Princess? I prefer to book with the same agent that I have used for all of my Princess cruises because their pricing, OBC and customer service is all quite nice. (When I called this TA just now, they had nothing on it.)

Looking forward to whatever you can share here. Thanks!

:D

Edited by Seafoam Green

I believe TAs get the info at least a week in advance although they can't book until prices open. One of my TAs sends out an email with advance information on upcoming sales and promotions so I know they get the info in advance.

Thanks Pam - I'll be checking with my TA again this morning.

The person I spoke to at Princess yesterday said that extra staff was going to be available at 5:30 Pacific today (8:30 East Coast) to handle expected volume. That sounds like good planning on their part.

:D

My TA sent me a new confirmation this morning. She knew our preference was to upgrade to an S3 if the price had come down at all. But, on our sailing the only suite category that dropped was S6, which is what we already have booked. So, she refared the booking and we keep the same aft facing suite and save $100 per person. The onboard credit they are offering stays the same as what we had and that will double when I apply my shareholder benefit.

Nice news to start the day.

Edited by DebJ14

Wow, got a new update on my Dec booking (14 day cruise)from my travel agent. Went down $400.00 a person. Big savings of $800.00 total for two of us.

I saved a bunch of cruises that interested me in my personalizer.

A couple went down about $100.00 but nothing as dramatic as the one I have booked.

Seafoam Green, thank you so much for posting this! As soon as I read your post, I checked the Princess website and saw the price on our December sailing went down $100 pp. I called our TA and they confirmed the new rate. By switching to the lower rate, they dropped their OBC by $25 but I'm still saving $175. :D You made my day!!

Seafoam Green, thank you so much for posting this! As soon as I read your post, I checked the Princess website and saw the price on our December sailing went down $100 pp. I called our TA and they confirmed the new rate. By switching to the lower rate, they dropped their OBC by $25 but I'm still saving $175. :D You made my day!!

And you made mine...:D

Still trying to decide what we're doing!