RCI Prefab Cabins

I thought it was interesting, too. I especially liked the shower doors, rather than the "too personal" shower curtains. :p

Fortunately the evil shower curtains only remain on 9 ships in the fleet, including the 7 oldest ships. As those ships are retired over the next decade or so, the eradication of the shower curtain will be to Royal Caribbean what the eradication of Small Pox was to the world.

Reminds me of how they built the Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World 45 years ago. They constructed the rooms offsite and then slotted them into place in the frame of the building:

Imagineering-Disney_Contemporary-Construction_4B.jpg

contemporary_firstrow.jpg

Reminds me of how they built the Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World 45 years ago. They constructed the rooms offsite and then slotted them into place in the frame of the building:

Thanks for sharing those pics! I wasnt even two years old when that place opened in 1971.

My high school senior prom was held there in 1988. We got to ride in the very front of the monorail around the park that night. I dont think they let anyone do that anymore.

I always loved that resort.

Edited by ryano