Cabins on fred olsen braemar

Mabletown1

Hi, can someone give me some info on the balcony cabins on braemar please. I dont know whether to go for deluxe balcony cabin at the front or a balcony suite either at the front or at the middle. I have read some poor reviews about the overhang ( is it really bad) and about the increased movement at the front. Can anyone tell me which are the better cabins to have please. I am new to this forum and so please bear with me, and its only a mini cruise to start us off. Thank you

Edited by Mabletown1
Bad spelling

Hi, can someone give me some info on the balcony cabins on braemar please. I dont know whether to go for deluxe balcony cabin at the front or a balcony suite either at the front or at the middle. I have read some poor reviews about the overhang ( is it really bad) and about the increased movement at the front. Can anyone tell me which are the better cabins to have please. I am new to this forum and so please bear with me, and its only a mini cruise to start us off. Thank you

I haven't sailed on Fred Olsen yet, but I posted a message on their social website page which I'm not allowed to name here and I was told to phone a representative who emailed me with photos of the cabins we were considering. We were delighted with such excellent customer service, so maybe try phoning and ask???

Having sailed Braemar for many years my advice would be to choose one the Superior Suits that were added when it was stretched. Cabin 7027 is our favourite and 7032 is our second choice. The overhang will only be a nuisance if you want to sunbathe in direct sunlight on your balcony. We prefer not to lay out in the sun which makes the overhang a godsend to us. Hope you enjoy Braemar as much as we do.

We booked 7039 (balcony) but were upgraded to 7035 (a balcony suite) It was fabulous. Yes there is an overhang, but we were in the Canaries in February, so not as much sun as you might have in the summer, so not sure about it blocking out the sun.

We love Braemar and have had 3 wonderful cruises on her.

Wow - how lucky is that. We panicked a bit today and booked - cabin 7035 - so was so pleased to get your response thank you. I have to stay out of the sun so not too perturbed about the lack of sun either - I just didn't want it to be really dark which is what some sites elsewhere have indicated. We couldn't stretch to the superior but noted that 7035 was between the two cabins that Pugwash said were good, so booked it on that basis. Thank you so much - I feel quite relieved now.

Wow - how lucky is that. We panicked a bit today and booked - cabin 7035 - so was so pleased to get your response thank you. I have to stay out of the sun so not too perturbed about the lack of sun either - I just didn't want it to be really dark which is what some sites elsewhere have indicated. We couldn't stretch to the superior but noted that 7035 was between the two cabins that Pugwash said were good, so booked it on that basis. Thank you so much - I feel quite relieved now.

I will put some photos on for you later.

Linda, thank you so much - its really kind of you. Pictures look great - next may seems too far away now but i will sneak a look at these pictures every so often - balcony looks huge and room looks nice and bright - cant wait.

Linda, thank you so much - its really kind of you. Pictures look great - next may seems too far away now but i will sneak a look at these pictures every so often - balcony looks huge and room looks nice and bright - cant wait.
I booked that cruise nearly two years ahead :eek: as it was for my 65th brthday, so you can imagine how long away that seemed :rolleyes:

It is a big balcony with sunbeds and chairs & tables. I'm sure you will love the Braemar. We do :)

• 8 years later...
On 7/26/2014 at 9:39 AM, CRUISIN LINDA said:

I booked that cruise nearly two years ahead :eek: as it was for my 65th brthday, so you can imagine how long away that seemed :rolleyes:

It is a big balcony with sunbeds and chairs & tables. I'm sure you will love the Braemar. We do 🙂

On 7/25/2014 at 8:53 AM, Pugwash123 said:

Having sailed Braemar for many years my advice would be to choose one the Superior Suits that were added when it was stretched. Cabin 7027 is our favourite and 7032 is our second choice. The overhang will only be a nuisance if you want to sunbathe in direct sunlight on your balcony. We prefer not to lay out in the sun which makes the overhang a godsend to us. Hope you enjoy Braemar as much as we do.

This is an old topic, but could anyone who has been in cabin 7035 or 7027 please comment on how much noise they had from the deck above. that would be very helpful she is sailing again next year and looking at going on our 50th wedding anniversary. Many thanks

Edited by Pentlands

26 minutes ago, Pentlands said:

This is an old topic, but could anyone who has been in cabin 7035 or 7027 please comment on how much noise they had from the deck above. that would be very helpful she is sailing again next year and looking at going on our 50th wedding anniversary. Many thanks

Been in 7035 for a trip up the Amazon.

We personally found the noise from above to be minimal. It was mostly at those times of day when the deck crew were rearranging furniture. Very little during the rest of the day except when there was a deck party and, of course, we were above contributing to that!

However there were times during the day that we could just detect water being pumped into and out of the swimming pool. It was no problem for us but we were aware. The noise of folks in native canoes greeting us as we sailed up the river and the screech of macaws over the trees rather drew our attention in other directions.

Can't remember any noise from the cabins either side or the corridor.

If we were to book onto the Braemar again, the possibility of noise in 7035 wouldn't concern us for one moment.