Filled in Fun Pass and..........

Munzy77

I filled in my fun pass tonight, and did what everyone said about finding out your room number. What I saw was a surprise to me since everyone is always talking about great upgrades. It says our room number will be 1312. I booked this cruise 16 months before, so I was thinking that I'd get a room higher up. I just booked a GA 4. We have 2 months until the cruise, so do you think we will be upgraded between now and then? I'm so upset about this, has any of you ever been on the bottom floor? How was it? Thanks to all of you for all your imput!

Monica

I just booked a GA 4. We have 2 months until the cruise, so do you think we will be upgraded between now and then? I'm so upset about this,
:confused: Why are you upset? You received exactly what you booked. You were guaranteed at least an inside cabin on the lowest deck. Never, ever, EVER *assume* that you will be upgraded, or you are setting yourself up for a disappointment. Rule 1 of Booking Guarantees: Always book at least the minimum that you would be happy with, nothing less.

In with the good air... out with the bad!

...Tef's right! The very worst you can do is an inside cabin on the Riviera Deck. We have booked that deck plenty of times, both inside and outside. You'll be fine! And besides... the Guarantee Cabins usually aren't assigned until 7-10 days before sailing. And even then... it's not your "official" cabins until sail date. The assignments sometimes do and often change right up until the last morning. Stop worrying! You're going to be cruisin' soon! ...Hope this helps...

I'm so upset about this, has any of you ever been on the bottom floor? How was it? Thanks to all of you for all your imput!

Monica

Also remember that even though you are on the bottom of the passenger decks there are still decks below you and you are still above water level.

To be honest, I really dont understand why *some* people do not like the riviera deck-- less motion and you can still use the elevators to get anywhere you need to so it's not like you have to walk up 5 flights of stairs to get anywhere.

My last two cruises were on the Riviera deck- first time an inside cabin, second time an oceanview. What I'm trying to say is try not to be upset- You'll still have a good cabin, plenty of people will be on the deck with you and I'm sure you'll still have a great time! :)

Laura

I've stayed on the lowest deck possible and thought the accommodations were acceptable. In fact, I was upgraded at booking for my next cruise and when (given the active hurricane season and the fact that I'm the seasickness queen) I had second thoughts and called to see if I could be switched from the Upper Deck to Riviera, I was disappointed that the best the PVP could offer me was to move me to a cabin closer to the center of the ship on the Upper Deck.

I don't hear all kinds of people saying that it is routine to get upgraded, though. I have seen people very happy, well, ecstatic, really, that they did get upgraded when they did not expect to. I personally don't have an enormous vacation budget and I have always booked the cheapest category possible on whatever cruise I've been on (priorities, you know?...I'd sleep in the crew's quarters and eat leftover pizza crusts if it would get me on a cruise!) It allows me to stretch my $$$'s and I really don't do anything in the cabin but sleep, anyway so I don't feel like I'm totally missing out with regard to the "better" cabins. Also, if you do get lucky and have a visit from the proverbial "upgrade fairy" it is most likely (from what I've read and been told) that you will only get the same type of room (inside or oceanview or whatever) but on a higher deck of the ship. So, it's nothing to get all that stressed over, really...You get to go on a cruise! Your best memories should be the activities/ports, etc...Not which deck your stateroom is on, right??:D Don't let it ruin your cruise before you even get to the pier...and besides, if your cabin is on a low deck and you need to use the elevator, at least you won't have to wait forever for an empty one to come along!:p

Hello,

Why do you think you will get upgraded? I have been told by CArnival reps, once a cabin is assigned...no upgrade....how true that is ..is anyones guess...

I have done exactly what you have done and NEVER EVER BEEN UPGRADED..so don't feel like you are being singled out...that is the way it goes....

We have stayed on the Riviera deck and it was fine, some of the best sleep ever on a cruise....

As others have said: never book a guarantee unless you will be happy with ANY cabin within the category you booked. Guarantees are not for everyone. If you prefer a cabin on a particular deck/location..then book it! If you choose not to..then you risk a MAJOR chance of being disappointed. Although you read about a lot of "surprise" upgrades, in reality, major upgrades are rare. The vast majority are just from one deck to another and even then that does not happen all the time. The old saying, "you get what you pay for" still holds true. And don't worry about the Rivera deck. It is the preferred deck for many.

Hubby and I LOVE the Riviera Deck. That's the only place we have ever booked and probably ever will book. The motion is less, it's so quiet, and extremely convenient.

If you ever book on the Miracle, I recommend cabin #1150...PERFECT.

Have fun!

Stef

Thanks for all of your information. I was really worried about the motion, I thought it would be more, as far as elevators, I don't ride them. So that is another reason I was hoping to go up a few floors. Inside cabins is fine for me, I've been on one cruise before and we were on the 8th floor near the front, in an inside cabin. Thanks everyone, you made me feel better. :)

Monica

Thanks for all of your information. I was really worried about the motion, I thought it would be more, as far as elevators, I don't ride them. So that is another reason I was hoping to go up a few floors. Inside cabins is fine for me, I've been on one cruise before and we were on the 8th floor near the front, in an inside cabin. Thanks everyone, you made me feel better. :)

Monica

Look at it this way Monica, walking up and down all those steps will burn more calories allowing you to eat and drink more!

There is a silver lining in every cloud!

Look at it this way Monica, walking up and down all those steps will burn more calories allowing you to eat and drink more!

There is a silver lining in every cloud!

... and, if you ever decide you want to use the elevators, they most likely won't be packed like they would be on a higher deck.

Monica, BlueHeron is right. On our 2 cruises we were on the Riveria deck. DH refused to get on an elevator. I ended up losing 4 pounds on the last cruise and believe me I ate and drank way more than I ever would at home. The Riveria deck is quiet.

Happy sailing.

Anita

We have been on at least 3 cruises with inside cabins on the Riviera deck, and they were all fantastic. (but once we experienced a balcony cabin, its hard to go back..heehee)

But the Riviera deck is fine, dont worry about that. Have a great cruise.

We booked our cruise about 5 months before, with a guarentee Riviera, inside, as well. We got upgraded to the Verandah deck, but our rooms touch the elevators, and we are right under the sky pool and Pizzaria. It is going to be very noisy. The Riviera Deck is very quiet, like CruisinCamper said. I'll trade rooms with you!

But you do have to admit, it is kind of odd that she booked so far in advance, for a cruise not even in the peak vacation time, and didn't get any upgrade. Maybe you will get a big surprise at check-in!

Hubby and I LOVE the Riviera Deck. That's the only place we have ever booked and probably ever will book. The motion is less, it's so quiet, and extremely convenient.

If you ever book on the Miracle, I recommend cabin #1150...PERFECT.

Have fun!

Stef

My husband and I are sailing on the Miracle on Oct 2nd and just found that we have been assigned #1150. You say it is PERFECT - the location looked good to me. Is that what your meant? Anything we should know or plan for with this cabin - your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Margaret

So how do you find your room number after completing your fun pass? Mine is complete and I have no room number listed, but I only booked a guarantee cabin a couple of days ago and figure it will probably be about a week before I am assigned one.

So how do you find your room number after completing your fun pass? Mine is complete and I have no room number listed, but I only booked a guarantee cabin a couple of days ago and figure it will probably be about a week before I am assigned one.

On the web page where it says your funpas is complete, look at the bottom and click on the link to Gifts. Pick one as if youre going to buy it, and at the bottom

it will show your booking number and cabin assignment. If you cabin has been assigned, it will show the number, otherwise it will still say GUAR

But you do have to admit, it is kind of odd that she booked so far in advance, for a cruise not even in the peak vacation time, and didn't get any upgrade. Maybe you will get a big surprise at check-in!

That is a myth that booking far out ahead of time gives you good upgrades. I have booked over a year out on every cruise-- my first four were guarantees, sailing the end of August/First week in September. I never once got upgraded--not even to another deck.

So how do you find your room number after completing your fun pass? .

go to http://www.carnival.com scroll to the bottom and click on funpass fill in your inforamtion. you will get two options--print funpass or view gifts. click on gifts. Make believe you are buying something-- add it to your cart. If you are indeed asigned you will see a cabin assignemtn as soon as you add the gift to your cart. if not you will see GTEE

Did you tnot get your documents yet?

Serene,

If you were asking me about the documents, I only booked a couple of days ago. They stated they thought my documents would arrive before I sail, but if not, just take my passport and funpass to the dock and I would be good to go.

Thanks to each of you for answering my question. I appreciate it.

Archived