How long does it take to transfer reservation to TA

ptrpanpens

What have others experienced when requesting Celebrity to transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent? I faxed in a request last Saturday and my reservation has not been transferred yet. I have documentation that the fax was sent within the 60 day period, so not worried about that, but just wondering how long to expect it to take.

My TA says sometimes it can take 10 business days. I want to know what others experiences have been in case I need to follow up with something to ensure there are no screw ups.

Thanks for any help

What have others experienced when requesting Celebrity to transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent? I faxed in a request last Saturday and my reservation has not been transferred yet. I have documentation that the fax was sent within the 60 day period, so not worried about that, but just wondering how long to expect it to take.

My TA says sometimes it can take 10 business days. I want to know what others experiences have been in case I need to follow up with something to ensure there are no screw ups.

Thanks for any help

I don't believe this department is open on weekends, so do take that into consideration. I've always sent my request to my TA, and she's sent it to Celebrity for me. It does seem to take a while, but it's always come through. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but you might keep your TA informed if you think it's taking too long. Sorry to be vague, but I believe you'll be fine.

I recently transferred two bookings to my TA and the whole process took about 3 business days. I needed to get the bookings transferred quickly to take advantage of a sale my TA was having, so faxed a copy of the transfer sheet both to my TA and directly to Celebrity.

I had one request that got lost and I was 10 days away from the 60 day transfer limit but getting ready to sail on a transatlantic. I called the Captains Club Desk on a Friday night and they asked me to email a copy of the request to a problem resolutions person who didn't work over the weekend. He got it transferred early on Monday morning before we embarked.

It should only take a few days. Twice I have faxed transfer forms to Celebrity, and they said they were never received. After 5 business days, I call them, and if its not been transferred, I fax again. Last time, I emailed the form. Keep on them to be sure it gets done in a timely fashion. They must have a really large "file 13" which collects alot of unwanted paperwork!!

I used the electronic form to transfer our booking on Monday and today I received a confirmation that it had been completed. I was told 2-3 weeks. I haven't followed up with the TA yet but it sounds as of celebrity has done their part.

Thanks for any help

The new online direct transfer form is at this link

http://directtransfers.force.com/directtransfers/DTTCelebrity

It looks like this could be the easiest way of all to transfer a reservation to a TA.

We have not had occasion to try it ourselves yet, but you may want to try it out, just as backup.

If you do (or if anyone else tries it), please report back here to let the rest of us know how it worked.

In the past whenever we wanted to transfer a reservation to a TA, we filled out the old pdf form and then emailed it directly to the TA.

The TA always took care of processing the transfer, so we did not need to fax anything to Celebrity.

We found it better to let the TA handle the transfer because the TA is the one who has the greatest incentive to make sure the transfer goes through, since their commission depends on it happening.

We were assured that as long as your request for the transfer is submitted to the cruise line within the 60 day period, you are fine and have nothing to worry about.

The transfer does not need to be completed within the 60 day period, and the TA can request an extension if necessary.

I don't think you have anything to worry about as I can assure you that we have transferred several cruises right at the 60 day cutoff the way I described, and have never had a problem. The TA just got an extension when it was necessary.

Edited by fleckle

I called Captains Club and they confirmed that the request had been received and that it takes 10-12 days for the transfer to be completed. I requested and received an email confirming this just to have added documentation. I also have my original fax confirmation.

The CC rep told me she would monitor the reservation and contact me when the transfer is completed, although my TA is also doing the same thing. So I feel confident I am covered.

This was an instance where Celebrity Captains Club went above and beyond to help out so I want to commend them for that. It is always nice to receive good customer service.:D