Private Island???

I will be sailing on the Getaway in September. The cruises I have done on NCL are: 2 cruises to the Caribbean in the 1980s on the MS Skyward (boy have ships come a long way), The Pride of America in Hawaii in 2009. My most recent cruises have been with Princess. My question is this...does NCL still have their private island? We always enjoyed our time on the private island and I notice that I don't see it on the cruises I have looked at. Just curious.... Thank you!

I will be sailing on the Getaway in September. The cruises I have done on NCL are: 2 cruises to the Caribbean in the 1980s on the MS Skyward (boy have ships come a long way), The Pride of America in Hawaii in 2009. My most recent cruises have been with Princess. My question is this...does NCL still have their private island? We always enjoyed our time on the private island and I notice that I don't see it on the cruises I have looked at. Just curious.... Thank you!

yes great stirrup caye has been recently improved...and if you want some trivia its where flight 19 was flying to..

I sailed on NCL Southward in early 80's. When I look back at the photos I get a good laugh, because ship was so small and looked a tad bigger than a yacht! And boy did we get sea sick!

We had a blast on the Skyward. Like you, it is funny looking at the pictures. Back then, though we thought it was a BIG ship! If we had only known what was to come!! Sure am dating myself here, aren't I? The Skyward was my first taste of cruising and I have loved it ever since. Just wish I had a fat pocketbook where I could do much more of it!! That is why I work, so that I can enjoy a few trips here and there!!

In answer to OP's question: yes, NCL does have private island - Great Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas. And certain cruises do stop there. Notably the Norwegian Sky that does 3 and 4 day cruises and departs from Miami - every week throughout the year, and Norwegian Breakaway that departs from New York doing 7 day cruises in the winter-time.

Other NCL ships also make a stop at GSC depending on their itineraries.

In answer to OP's question: yes, NCL does have private island - Great Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas. And certain cruises do stop there. Notably the Norwegian Sky that does 3 and 4 day cruises and departs from Miami - every week throughout the year, and Norwegian Breakaway that departs from New York doing 7 day cruises in the winter-time.

Other NCL ships also make a stop at GSC depending on their itineraries.

They also let MSC use the island.