HAL Web Site Question

travler27

I've never cruised on HAL before but went to their site to just look around at what's available an how much it costs. It seem that in order to get valid pricing I have to create an account, give them a lot of personal information they don't really need at this point just to get valid price quotes. I understand they need my age and state of residence but do I have to get on their junk email list just to look around?

I've never cruised on HAL before but went to their site to just look around at what's available an how much it costs. It seem that in order to get valid pricing I have to create an account, give them a lot of personal information they don't really need at this point just to get valid price quotes. I understand they need my age and state of residence but do I have to get on their junk email list just to look around?
Set up a "special purpose" email account just for HAL. I have a number of single-contact email accounts for places that I only check when I want to do business with them. I also have one total junk mail account only for sites that insist that I give an address for access, and I never check it for incoming. :) Edited by jtl513

You don't have to create an account on the HAL site to get prices for cruises. You don't need to enter any names, emails or mariner numbers.

All you have to do is select the cruise you are interested in and continue through the various pages to select a cabin type and then one more continue to see the total pricing including taxes and port fees. Just stop before you get to the point of booking the cruise.

You do not have to create an account to search for pricing, nor do you need to state your age or state of residence.:)

As soon as you get on the HAL site scroll down to "design your vacation" and click on select a destination then click on select a date then search. When you see an itinerary that looks interesting click on details then click on continue. A screen comes up where you will need to answer 3 questions. #1. number of guests in stateroom, #2. do you require wheelchair accessibility, #3. will anyone in your party be more than 24 weeks pregnant at the end of this cruise. After answering these 3 questions click on continue and another screen will come up showing all the cabin types. Click on the one you are interested in and all the categories within that type will come up with the price. If you want you can view deck plans and select a certain cabin.

You can do dummy bookings to see what's available before making a decision on which cruise to take and what type of cabin to choose.;)

As others have said, you can do a dummy booking on Hal's website without giving them any information. It is easy and then you won't have to worry about getting junk mail from them.:) I do dummy bookings on all the major cruise lines and never had to give any of them my name, age, state or email address.

The only time I log into HAL site's is when I want to check my reservations and buy something or to print out my documents.

I have done many "dummy" bookings over the years.

And I do not get any e-mails from HAL or regular mail from them.

With you here - I log on to book restaurants and other things for a scheduled cruise.

I go back to the site and don't log in when I do a dummy booking to check if there have been any changes to stateroom prices - I'd hate to miss out on a price drop! The last one has covered our insurance and will pay for a few extras on our next cruise - very happy with that!