So Sorry but another Gratuities Question

I know this is a boring subject (I get sick of reading some of the issues raised myself). But I am looking at the Diamond Princess around Australia (Sydney to Sydney) in 2015. Are gratuities included in the price being quoted just like the Sun, Sea etc cruises that leave from and return to Australia or are they extra just as if it was a normal overseas cruise?

The grats will be added to your account daily per person, you will find that a lot of people have these removed. On our Diamond cruise, Some people went down on day 1 and asked to have removed, others went towards end of cruise to do and they just credit , so it doesn't have to be done on day 1, you have up until the last day. Think they are used to Aussies removing the grats. I think that the ships that are based here all year have got rid of the tipping/gratuities,(this was done quite a while ago) but the US ones that are here for part of the season still add it to your account daily. Hope all that made sense. Fiona :)

Edited by tassie cruiser

DH and I are travelling on The Diamond round Australia this November and I rang Princess Australia this week about whether the ship would be operating in AUD or US$, among other questions I had. She confirmed The Diamond would be operating in AUD and added daily gratuities will not be charge on our cruise as it was sailing out of Australia and back into Australia. She added gratuities would be discretionary. I'm still not convinced as I have read conflicting stories from other CCs who have recently sailed on her. Also we have received on board credit for military service and its quoted in US$. So I remain unsure, but confident we will find out in November :confused:

We were on the Diamond in December last, Sydney to Tassie return. Gratuities were added daily to the shipboard account. We did not have them removed, but as we had anytime dining, and we had a different server each night, it was not and issue, but we did tip extra to our cabin steward who:o

was very good>

I know this is a boring subject (I get sick of reading some of the issues raised myself). But I am looking at the Diamond Princess around Australia (Sydney to Sydney) in 2015. Are gratuities included in the price being quoted just like the Sun, Sea etc cruises that leave from and return to Australia or are they extra just as if it was a normal overseas cruise?

its been posted on facebook by the princess moderator that while the Diamond is cruising here from november 2014 to march 2015 the currency will be in USD and gratuities will be added to your account

when the Diamond & Golden arrive here late 2015-16 season the currency will be AUD and gratuities will be added to the fare

Thanks but we still get differing comments. Interesting what you say RKMW as the cruise I am looking at is late in 2015. Maybe I'll just wait and ask Princess nearer the date. Having sailed overseas a number of times with Princess I am aware of the daily rates etc and the charge to the cabin account.:)

Thanks but we still get differing comments. Interesting what you say RKMW as the cruise I am looking at is late in 2015. Maybe I'll just wait and ask Princess nearer the date. Having sailed overseas a number of times with Princess I am aware of the daily rates etc and the charge to the cabin account.:)

if its late 2015 you'll be fine as it will be AUD and the gratuities will be included in the fare

its been posted on facebook by the princess moderator that while the Diamond is cruising here from november 2014 to march 2015 the currency will be in USD and gratuities will be added to your account

when the Diamond & Golden arrive here late 2015-16 season the currency will be AUD and gratuities will be added to the fare

That is excellent news. Just as long as there isn't subtle, and not so subtle, pressure to tip extra for excellent service, which should be a given.

Well Princess should let their Australian staff know this, as I have been given the wrong information by them only last week.:(

Well Princess should let their Australian staff know this, as I have been given the wrong information by them only last week.:(

we are sailing on the Sun Princess later on and if you check out your booking summary we have this....Onboard Currency: Folio charges will be in AUD.....see what your one says

i'm not saying the moderator on facebook is right but i just posted what they said

we are sailing on the Sun Princess later on and if you check out your booking summary we have this....Onboard Currency: Folio charges will be in AUD.....see what your one says

i'm not saying the moderator on facebook is right but i just posted what they said

Yep, it would appear the moderator is correct... and I quote from my booking summary for The Diamond Princess in November 2014 "Folio charges will be in USD". So Australian staff are not up to date!! Just have to take more money for the gratuities.

Yep, it would appear the moderator is correct... and I quote from my booking summary for The Diamond Princess in November 2014 "Folio charges will be in USD". So Australian staff are not up to date!! Just have to take more money for the gratuities.

its not good that you have to pay in USD so what the moderator said about the Diamond & Golden coming here late 2015 might be right too......AUD currency and gratuities included with the fare