Number of LVC points

airhose

For a November cruise I purchased a verandah stateroom for the inside price during a promotion. I wonder if i will get 2 or 3 points per day. Does any one have recent experience? Hopefully three as that would put me close to Elite Plus with Celebrity. And some day it may matter with Azamara;)

Airhose, our last cruise on the Journey was bought with the same promotion. I looked at my points tally on Celebrity and we were awarded 3 points a night for our veranda-for-the-price-of-inside cabin.

For a November cruise I purchased a verandah stateroom for the inside price during a promotion. I wonder if i will get 2 or 3 points per day. Does any one have recent experience? Hopefully three as that would put me close to Elite Plus with Celebrity. And some day it may matter with Azamara;)

Hi Airhose,

As Deidre mentioned, you should receive 3 points per day for sailing in a veranda. Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise !

Good morning, airhose,

I just got off the phone with the loyalty dept. I can't view my the new points, since they will not appear until after we've sailed. I was told we would only get 2 points per night since we paid for an inside.

I did mention that I understood someone received 3 points per night with the same promo and was told that was in error.

Let's hope they make the same error for us. ;) Fortunately the person I spoke with did not ask for my LCV number. :p

Good morning, airhose,

I just got off the phone with the loyalty dept. I can't view my the new points, since they will not appear until after we've sailed. I was told we would only get 2 points per night since we paid for an inside.

I did mention that I understood someone received 3 points per night with the same promo and was told that was in error.

Let's hope they make the same error for us. ;) Fortunately the person I spoke with did not ask for my LCV number. :p

Good thing you didnt give them your LCV number Midwestchick :). I've wondered about that too, so I may have mis-spoke in my earlier post. Celebrity recently has changed their procedure, in that if anyone is upgraded (albeit rarely), you now receive the points for the category you paid for. I'm wondering if Azamara is now doing the same. Hopefully, Bonnie can share some insights with us.

Good thing you didnt give them your LCV number Midwestchick :). I've wondered about that too, so I may have mis-spoke in my earlier post. Celebrity recently has changed their procedure, in that if anyone is upgraded (albeit rarely), you now receive the points for the category you paid for. I'm wondering if Azamara is now doing the same. Hopefully, Bonnie can share some insights with us.

It would appear so, Andy. It's okay though...14 more points isn't going to really affect us anyway.

Andy, I'll check my points on Celebrity after we come back from the Journey in five weeks. I know for a fact that we got 3 points for our veranda on the Journey in May (that we paid inside price for) so I'll compare that with what we end up with after September's cruise. We got the same promo for both.

HAL does the same also. In their case you only receive extra points (Double points) for a Suite. If one pays for a QTY or is upgraded (after final payment) they only receive the standard points.

If one books Azamara during a promo, inside to balcony they should get the balcony points since that is what they booked.

Edited by Jade13

If you do an inside to balcony promo you'll earn 3 points per night, so the info provided to Midwest by Azamara is incorrect.

Phil

Thanks for your insights Phil.

Andy, I'll check my points on Celebrity after we come back from the Journey in five weeks. I know for a fact that we got 3 points for our veranda on the Journey in May (that we paid inside price for) so I'll compare that with what we end up with after September's cruise. We got the same promo for both.

Thanks Deidre. I truly hope it works out in your favor !