Do Zuiderdam Pool Loungers Fill Up Early on January Caribbean Cruises?

Corgi Girl

I'm new to HAL and will be on Zuiderdam in Jan. 2015 for 10 day Sunfarer. Just wondering if either of the pool's deck loungers fill up early (before 9:00AM)?

I read in another thread that sometimes there are more tables around the pool than loungers. Is this still the case on Zuiderdam for Caribbean?

Sorry if this has been "asked to death" before. Thanks ahead for all help.

That would be an awful lot of people sitting outside so early in the morning! :eek: I can't imagine that all the loungers would be full at that time of day; maybe by noon they'll be full.

My late DH was a pool sitter above all on Caribbean cruises and never had a problem getting a lounger at aft pool on any HAL ship. He didn't rush out at dawn and went mid morning when he was ready. In over 80 cruises, he never failed to find a seat that suited him fine. :) This also pertained to sea days. Port days he'd usually go out later but no problem.

Edited by sail7seas

Also depends where you are leaving from. Even Ft Laud. has cold days in Jan. Further south Barbados, Aruba their good be people out there early but if they get up and leave a book or towel on the chair for awhile, you can take the lounger. It is not for the day. Also, it is good for one's body to get up and take a walk around the ship every now and then. You can find loungers on different decks also.

Obviously the chairs closest to the pool get filled or "held" the earliest. But on HAL, there won't be the number of sun worshippers as you would see elsewhere. At 9:00 I have a feeling you will have a great pick, especially if you aren't looking for a group of three or more together. Plus, as the day progresses, chairs will open up and you can move if you really want to.

While you will find some people holding chairs, it's not nearly as prevalent as on some other cruise lines. We have not had a problem - especially at nine in the morning.

Thanks very much everyone. I have cruised on three other cruiselines, and it has been my experience that many loungers are "reserved" or occupied very early in the morning. It's good to know that I can enjoy my morning routine without rushing. icon10.gif