Carribean Princess in St Thomas question

schlot

Hi everyone. Just joined so if this isn't in the right forum area please let me know.

I have been watching the deck cam of the Caribbean Princess each day (counting the days until we leave on our honeymoon cruise) and noticed today that it was scheduled to depart 6pm but didn't leave until 8pm eastern (9pm Atlantic time). A three hour delay.

Can anyone know why this happened or in general why it might happen on other cruises?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Just joined so if this isn't in the right forum area please let me know.

I have been watching the deck cam of the Caribbean Princess each day (counting the days until we leave on our honeymoon cruise) and noticed today that it was scheduled to depart 6pm but didn't leave until 8pm eastern (9pm Atlantic time). A three hour delay.

Can anyone know why this happened or in general why it might happen on other cruises?

Thanks!

Possibly a delayed chore excursion or waiting for entertainers who maybe joining the ship.

Thanks!

The ship time never changes on the Eastern Caribbean cruise, it stays on Eastern Time the entire voyage. The delay could be due ot harbor traffic. There were two Carnival ships docked behind her and she may have been waiting for them. I have a friend currently on the Carnival Glory, which was at the back of the line and left St. Thomas around 7pm.

The Caribbean Princess didn't leave port until we were eating our entrees at dinner (probably around 7pm. The ship sailed all night at around 10 knots to get to San Juan a bit early. With such a short distance to cover overnight, I wouldn't worry about it unless it was in port until after midnight.

So you are saying the listed time for port arrival is ship time, which they keep at Eastern time through the voyage?

Not worried about the departure/arrivals, just interested in the workings and logistics of the cruise ships.

We sailed on the Ruby to St. Thomas a couple years ago, but it wasn't our honeymoon trip. It was a family get together and we had about 20 of us on the ship. Lots of fun, but definitely not what I would call a honeymoon :)

So you are saying the listed time for port arrival is ship time, which they keep at Eastern time through the voyage?

The US Virgins Islands to not observe daylight saving time.

So, in the summer, local time is the same as Eastern Daylight Time.

In the winter, off by one hour.

There were three passengers whose names were announced on the PA. Don't know if they showed or were left in St. Thomas. We were scheduled to leave at 7:30, I believe. Time did not change. We still

made port in San Juan at 6:15 am, 45 minutes early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk