Freedom of the Seas drydock

I have received confirmation emails from the Dining Room as well as the Concierge currently onboard that my requests for 2.15.15 have been confirmed. In my return email to the Concierge I asked if the suites are being refurbished - awaiting his response. We are in an OS and I am curious as to what if any changes they will make?

I have received confirmation emails from the Dining Room as well as the Concierge currently onboard that my requests for 2.15.15 have been confirmed. In my return email to the Concierge I asked if the suites are being refurbished - awaiting his response. We are in an OS and I am curious as to what if any changes they will make?

My guess is that there won't be any major changes to the suites. Mostly just freshening up...new carpets/furnishings/etc.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Izumi is no longer listed as a dining option for my Feb 8 cruise. I wondered if this was a mistake because it was never listed as being part of the "improvements". Still no option to reserve Sabor even though it is listed as coming on the RCI Freedom page.

I have reservations in Izumi for our March 8th cruise.

She will not be getting Dynamic

The Maire D' of the Freedom told us on our 8/31/14 sailing that the FOS will be getting Dynamic Dining during its dry dock. He discussed the logistics of restructuring the MDR, removing the Crypt etc, and his concerns over the galleys. Our waiters also discussed it with us.

We are not happy with this change since we believe the RCI ships have the most beautiful dining rooms at sea. The new restaurants will require reservations another responsibility to what used to be a care free vacation.

We were also told that DD will be implemented fleet wide. It truly shocks me that such a drastic change is being undertaken before it has even been tried and evaluated on the Quantum.

We had a friend who sailed on Quantum and reported back that the DD was a sore spot on an otherwise wonderful trip. When we first read of the concept, my husband and I were leery of it but after hearing of long wait times, inconsistent food quality and all around hassle of trying to find every restaurant, we have decided to stay away from the larger ship classes that will have DD.

Can you still see that reservation?

Yes I could still see the Izumi reservation but I got suspicious and had to call RCI anyway so I checked on it and they had no idea how I was able to do that and confirmed to me that it was not an option. They were very curious as well. So they cancelled the reservation and booked us in Giovanni's.

So, in short, they said no Izumi on Freedom. Weird. Left hand, meet right hand. I'll be bummed if it turns out to be an option and I don't have reservations.

I am on the 1/30 2 nighter and on My Cruises is says I have 5:30 dining, although the docs show "My Time." None of the pre-booking options are functioning (spa, shows, meals, drinks, etc.) I don't know if all this is because it is a free, invite-only cruise or because of the dry-dock- probably both.

The spa is now showing available. I have the same issue with dining and am trying to get an answer on that. I don't intend on eating at 5:30! Specialty dining options aren't usually available on these, Brett. They're usually reserved for the top brass execs, media, etc. Not in Nassau long enough to really do anything. Time better served exploring the ship.

I was also on the pre-dry dock cruise with the nightmare boarding issue. Was also on 11/15 Explorer from Pt Canaveral and also had a similar experience but a 5 hour wait instead of 3 hour. Sure hope they're getting these kinks worked out. Lots of very unhappy people!

Love this email. Wish I got it. I finally got a bit of a roll call going for the 1/30. One woman got an invite that talked about free drinks. Mine didn't say that- but I sure hope it applies to me too! Although, my report may not be as thorough. . . ;)

Most often on pre-inaugural and invite only sailings, these are open-bar for passengers. Guessing this will be the case.

The spa is now showing available. I have the same issue with dining and am trying to get an answer on that. I don't intend on eating at 5:30! Specialty dining options aren't usually available on these, Brett. They're usually reserved for the top brass execs, media, etc. Not in Nassau long enough to really do anything. Time better served exploring the ship.

I was also on the pre-dry dock cruise with the nightmare boarding issue. Was also on 11/15 Explorer from Pt Canaveral and also had a similar experience but a 5 hour wait instead of 3 hour. Sure hope they're getting these kinks worked out. Lots of very unhappy people!

Yes, Nan, I see the spa avail now. I am curious about the specialty dining because my invite specifically mentioned it. "Enjoy new specialty dining, including Giovanni's Table and much more!" Regarding dinner time, My Cruises does say 5:30, but my eDocs say I have "My Time." Strange. Let me know if you learn anything about the dining. Where are you trying to get answers? I was thinking about going to Sandals or another resort for the morning in Nassau.

Yes, Nan, I see the spa avail now. I am curious about the specialty dining because my invite specifically mentioned it. "Enjoy new specialty dining, including Giovanni's Table and much more!" Regarding dinner time, My Cruises does say 5:30, but my eDocs say I have "My Time." Strange. Let me know if you learn anything about the dining. Where are you trying to get answers? I was thinking about going to Sandals or another resort for the morning in Nassau.

If you're going to Sandals, you'll need to have a pass and that's done in advance. I apologize if you know this already, but just making sure. Cabs outside the port terminal in Nassau.

Doubtful you'll have an opportunity for specialty dining. At least, hasn't been my experience that it's been available on these sailings in the past. These are generally for the big wigs, top account managers, bdm's, etc. - invite only. We may not get a clarification on dining time until arrival at the port, so it is what it is. We won't go hungry, that's for sure!

There will usually be some sort of an agenda also onboard for us, sometimes a meeting in the main showroom. Or, sometimes a scavenger sort of thing where you have to get something stamped to prove you've visited the areas onboard the ship that have been revamped and to familiarize you with the ship.

Just hoping to get rid of this cold before we board!

Yes I could still see the Izumi reservation but I got suspicious and had to call RCI anyway so I checked on it and they had no idea how I was able to do that and confirmed to me that it was not an option. They were very curious as well. So they cancelled the reservation and booked us in Giovanni's.

So, in short, they said no Izumi on Freedom. Weird. Left hand, meet right hand. I'll be bummed if it turns out to be an option and I don't have reservations.

RCCL, appear to be in a not knowing mode right now.

If you're going to Sandals, you'll need to have a pass and that's done in advance. I apologize if you know this already, but just making sure. Cabs outside the port terminal in Nassau.

Doubtful you'll have an opportunity for specialty dining. At least, hasn't been my experience that it's been available on these sailings in the past. These are generally for the big wigs, top account managers, bdm's, etc. - invite only. We may not get a clarification on dining time until arrival at the port, so it is what it is. We won't go hungry, that's for sure!

There will usually be some sort of an agenda also onboard for us, sometimes a meeting in the main showroom. Or, sometimes a scavenger sort of thing where you have to get something stamped to prove you've visited the areas onboard the ship that have been revamped and to familiarize you with the ship.

Just hoping to get rid of this cold before we board!

Thanks for looking out for me, yes, I do know about the pass in advance, but thanks for double checking! We will see about the dining, I just don't know why they would specifically reference trying out the new dining if they weren't going allow me to. Either way, as you said, we won't go hungry! In fact, I will probably ruin my New Year Diet! haha. It's ok, just a weekend. Meeting or scavenger hunt sounds fine by me. Good luck with your cold. Feel better!