Freedom of the Seas drydock

Just went out and checked our 3/8 FOS cruise, and all of the deck 12 balcony cabins are now listed as available for booking.:)

Interesting, looks funny to have them offer cabin numbers and then show deck plans with no corresponding cabin! I also saw the same thing for the insides on deck 3 on that sailing.

Interesting, looks funny to have them offer cabin numbers and then show deck plans with no corresponding cabin! I also saw the same thing for the insides on deck 3 on that sailing.

I heard they're replacing the traditional cabin crawl with a cabin scavenger hunt:D

My money is YES on Izumi, but it's delayed until a few weeks until after dry dock, just as I was told by many people on the Jan 4th sailing.

I have just heard from a reliable source onboard that Izumi is NOT part of this drydock.

The 2 new restaurants are Giovanni's Table and Sabor.

I have just heard from a reliable source onboard that Izumi is NOT part of this drydock.

Someone once brought up the DL was moving to card room side and the CL was going to take over the DL. If any truth to that, no place for Izumi

So how did I make a reservation at Izumi for February 14th and Sabor is nowhere to be found on the dining page????????? I haven't received an email to say they cancelled Izumi. Would be nice if that was the case!

Edited by nicstress

So how did I make a reservation at Izumi for February 14th and Sabor is nowhere to be found on the dining page????????? I haven't received an email to say they cancelled Izumi. Would be nice if that was the case!

Maybe they initially planned put in Izumi, but have since changed their mind.

Maybe they initially planned put in Izumi, but have since changed their mind.

Maybe Izumi was never in the plan for freedom and it was simply an error on the website. Not like there haven't been mistakes on any website before.

I have received confirmation emails from the Dining Room as well as the Concierge currently onboard that my requests for 2.15.15 have been confirmed. In my return email to the Concierge I asked if the suites are being refurbished - awaiting his response. We are in an OS and I am curious as to what if any changes they will make?

Hi Robyn! After the NV had her dry dock, we have spent time in both OS's and the RS, and the only change was the carpet, and new upholstery as needed.

Rick

I'm really intrigued by the deck 12 cabins (both on Freedom and the other two voyager ships) - the views will be immense. Has anyone been in them? What's the stability like given its high up far away from the centre of gravity do you think?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm really intrigued by the deck 12 cabins (both on Freedom and the other two voyager ships) - the views will be immense. Has anyone been in them? What's the stability like given its high up far away from the centre of gravity do you think?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On the Freedom class the stability is pretty good except for really rough seas. I like being on the higher decks for the view.

Hi Robyn! After the NV had her dry dock, we have spent time in both OS's and the RS, and the only change was the carpet, and new upholstery as needed.

Rick

Hi Rick! :)

I was hoping they would make the TV visible on both sides like it is on the Oasis (watched video tours on you tube).

We have had a few OS's, but not on Freedom class yet - looking very forward to it in a few weeks :D

While I can't post the specific email, I was forwarded a copy of an email from RCI that was sent to travel agents on Jan 16. I don't want to get my TA in trouble or have her info appear here, so I will say the following:

Panoramic Ocean View staterooms are being added. A total of 67 new staterooms are being added. No specifics as to category, location, or number of cabins in any given category.

Sabor is being added, along with Giovanni's Table, and the R Bar. No further info given as to what is going bye-bye.

A Star Lounge, with live music, dancing, and entertainment late-night, is being added.

Focus photo gallery/shop being added/updated.

And the final statement reads:

"MORE POWER - New Azipod propulsion units bring Freedom back up to speed. Book your clients with confidence that it's all smooth sailing from here on out."

There was no further information whatsoever, so I don't know what spaces are being renovated or removed to make way for the above listed items, but that's all I have.

The email was signed by the senior VP of Sales and Trade Support & Service.

That being said, I'm curious as to whether the Azipods are being repaired/rebuilt or are truly being replaced with new units. In my opinion, there is a difference between NEW and RENEWED, and the email is rather ambiguous in that respect, and I typed VERBATIM what the email reads.

Hopefully this will shed some light on definite changes, though will probably make other changes as clear as mud.

Edited by A2Mich

While I can't post the specific email, I was forwarded a copy of an email from RCI that was sent to travel agents on Jan 16. I don't want to get my TA in trouble or have her info appear here, so I will say the following:

Panoramic Ocean View staterooms are being added. A total of 67 new staterooms are being added. No specifics as to category, location, or number of cabins in any given category.

Sabor is being added, along with Giovanni's Table, and the R Bar. No further info given as to what is going bye-bye.

A Star Lounge, with live music, dancing, and entertainment late-night, is being added.

Focus photo gallery/shop being added/updated.

And the final statement reads:

"MORE POWER - New Azipod propulsion units bring Freedom back up to speed. Book your clients with confidence that it's all smooth sailing from here on out."

There was no further information whatsoever, so I don't know what spaces are being renovated or removed to make way for the above listed items, but that's all I have.

The email was signed by the senior VP of Sales and Trade Support & Service.

That being said, I'm curious as to whether the Azipods are being repaired/rebuilt or are truly being replaced with new units. In my opinion, there is a difference between NEW and RENEWED, and the email is rather ambiguous in that respect, and I typed VERBATIM what the email reads.

Hopefully this will shed some light on definite changes, though will probably make other changes as clear as mud.

Hmm, "Star Lounge"- does that exists on any other RCCL ships?