UK Customer Service Problems

Deeliteful

Hi All

I am trying very hard to talk to Customer Services in the UK - I sent this email to them over a week ago

"I have now been trying for 4 days to speak to someone in Customer Services about my Celebrity Cruise - having waited on the line for a total of over 60 minutes I eventually spoke to a real person today! I explained that my original booking was with Opodo who no longer do cruises therefore I have to contact Celebrity direct and wanted to know if I could move my cruise to another Travel Agent - I was asked to wait (I had now been on the phone for nearly 20 minutes) and held on again, the agent then came

back to me and said she would call me back rather than me hold on. I gratefully said yes and asked how long this might take - just a few minutes she said - it is being checked now.

I waited for over an hour before I had to go out and received no phone call back.

I am really not happy that a simple request cannot be handled more effectively. I also want to change my cruise to the Infinity but would really like someone to call me and get this organised asap.

I look forward to hearing from someone asap please.

Kind regards"

I received a reply saying they were looking into and apologised for keeping me waiting - that was on 25th July and I responded as I want to change my cruise either to the Infinity or a back to back on Millenium and would like to do it before the current offers finish today.

Any suggestions as to how I can get a fast response please?

Thanks

Pat

I booked a cruise through Opodo a few years ago and my booking was actually with a large UK based cruise agent.

I think they must have had some kind of joint agreement on cruise sales.

Possibly worth checking if that is the case as you would then be able to deal with them directly.

Edited by simon stingray

Thanks Simon but they have written to me to say they are not doing cruises any more and I must go direct to Celebrity!

if you have facebook message them on the Celebrity UK Facebook page

Forgive me if this is a silly suggestion, but would it be worth stopping into a local travel agency to see if they can sort things out for you? They may have more "clout" with Celebrity, or might at least have a more direct way of contacting the cruise line on your behalf.

if you have facebook message them on the Celebrity UK Facebook page

Thanks - I'll try.

Forgive me if this is a silly suggestion, but would it be worth stopping into a local travel agency to see if they can sort things out for you? They may have more "clout" with Celebrity, or might at least have a more direct way of contacting the cruise line on your behalf.

Not silly at all but my TA has tried and they won't speak to him as he was not the TA on the original booking!!

Twitter. I had an issue with a car rental company, and was getting nowhere emailing for nearly a week. Tweeted them, and had my answer within the hour :).

I love Twitter for exactly that reason! Always get a prompt reply from any business I've tweeted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I was booking a cruise with my TA last week, she told me even they are often on hold for an hour before getting an agent!

She was one of the Celebrity staff who were 'let go' when RCCL outsourced some their UK booking. She got another job with another UK TA, and a lot of her customers followed her!

Don't know which tel no's you are trying. Have a go at these

01932 834330

01932 834243

0844 4817505

Simon

Thanks Simon - I was using this which was on my documentation

0844 4932043.

Dan has called them for me tonight (see above) and has to call back tomorrow so will let him do that and hope I can get it sorted then.

Thanks everyone for your help so far. I just want to give X more money - you wouldn't think it would be so hard would you? :rolleyes:

Update - ok I'm nearly there! Firstly a BIG thanks to everyone for their suggestions, a really BIG thanks to Dan see his email above - who called Celebrity for me and actually got them to call me back and a thanks to Chris at Celebrity CS for finally getting my booking sorted.

I am now going on Infinity June 7th as it is a round trip from Vancouver, it includes the drinks package and they have waived the change fee (usually £75) so happy now!!!

Long time to wait but have a Med cruise on QE in October to look forward to first so think I'll cope.

Cheers

Pat