So Diamond and above...would you if they ?

I don't like the wines in the current package so I no longer purchase it. If my husband and I want wine with dinner we purchase a bottle at that time. Also, being Diamond I can also go to the lounge and get whatever free…………….

ChipLondon I've had this same thought since learning about the voucher program.

I'm one of those who typically drinks just under the 'breakeven' for the package - anywhere from about 3 drinks (port day) to 5 drinks (sea day). But I like the package concept, because I like the idea of trying new things, and the flexibility. So if it were discounted, I would try it.

So from the perspective of RCCL: they are giving me a voucher for 3 drinks. Average revenue for that would be what, about $25? So by discounting the package by $25 (which they've already give me), to $30, they would get me to commit spend another $30 a day that I might not otherwise spend. Without the package, I will confine most of my drinking to the CL hours of 5 - 8:30 and maybe only buy one more drink later in the evening or a glass of wine at dinner, less than $30 for sure. Seems like a no brainer for them. They come out ahead. And I'd feel like I 'got' something for being Diamond.

RCCL are you listening?

With the introduction of the drinks vouchers across more ships and obviously heading to a fleet wide situation, I was wondering.

Would you be more likely to purchase a drinks package if they offered a reduced price to Diamond Members and above. At present many of those with access to a DL or CL choose not to purchase a drinks package, but if they reduced the price of the packages by an amount to reflect the 3 vouchers given each day, would you then consider buying the package to cover the times when the lounges are not open. I certainly would :D

We are not heavy drinkers,I don't think we will drink three free drinks a day.:)

This is a really good idea and something I hadn't even considered before you mentioned it.

Given that we usually get the soda package each and also a Wine & Dine package, having a reduced price beverage package could make a lot of sense.

The packages I have seen advertise requires all passengers in the same stateroom to buy it. My wife doesn't drink so it would be more expensive.

Some of the posts refer to 3 coupons a day. Is this something new?

ChipLondon I've had this same thought since learning about the voucher program.

I'm one of those who typically drinks just under the 'breakeven' for the package - anywhere from about 3 drinks (port day) to 5 drinks (sea day). But I like the package concept, because I like the idea of trying new things, and the flexibility. So if it were discounted, I would try it.

So from the perspective of RCCL: they are giving me a voucher for 3 drinks. Average revenue for that would be what, about $25? So by discounting the package by $25 (which they've already give me), to $30, they would get me to commit spend another $30 a day that I might not otherwise spend. Without the package, I will confine most of my drinking to the CL hours of 5 - 8:30 and maybe only buy one more drink later in the evening or a glass of wine at dinner, less than $30 for sure. Seems like a no brainer for them. They come out ahead. And I'd feel like I 'got' something for being Diamond.

RCCL are you listening?

That is about how the math works out for us too--and yes, we would spend nothing to maybe $15 on drinks a day otherwise. So, RIC would be getting more money from us and we would be happier :)

The packages I have seen advertise requires all passengers in the same stateroom to buy it. My wife doesn't drink so it would be more expensive.

Some of the posts refer to 3 coupons a day. Is this something new?

None of the packages require all guests in the stateroom to purchase anymore.

The 3 coupons are for Diamond level C&A members and have restrictions as to what drinks they can get and when they can be used. The drink packages have no time restrictions and a better selection of drinks.

I get the drink packages anyway, so I would be very enthusiastic about a discount!

I don't care for the DL/CL (usually with someone who doesn't have access), so I was excited at the idea of the vouchers, but, honestly, between soda/coffee/water/juice/daytime drinking....I'd still make out with the drink package. If I could turn those vouchers in towards a package discount...well....that would be perfect!

Its similar with the BOGO drink coupons, if I have a package they are worthless, take those away for a discount on the package too.

They're not completely worthless.

I was thinking of using the BOGO coupon on a couple expensive glasses of wine I wanted to try. If I remember correctly, the ice wine they had was $30/glass, which is above what would be covered by the drink package. With the more expensive package, you'd still pay $18/glass, or $36 for two; with the BOGO coupon, it'd be $30 for two (assuming you can't use the BOGO coupon along with the drink package). Yes, a whopping $6 savings, but it'd be at least something. :D

Edited by Daghis