BOGOHO sale again?......

I called today to see if I could get a better rate or upgrade to an outside for the cruise I booked during the bogoho. When I questioned why the rates were higher, MUCH higher, the rep said, "The discount is off TODAY'S prevailing rate". So they significantly increased the rates then offered a sale...or three. The sale does include outside and balcony as well as suites but is no deal compared to the bogoho.

I don't know what is going on with these darn solo prices :(

Some are showing, some are not, some show lower prices than they were earlier today but don't show a BOGOHO discount.

I rechecked my 11/30 Allure for the solo D1, and now it is down to where I had booked it rather than $1300 more. It is now about $10 more than I paid.

So I can leave my imaginary friend at home this trip. Just as well, since he snores.

I just checked our cruise fare for Jewel of the seas sailing on 12-06-2014 and our price for a D2 Balcony went down $296. When we originally booked, we booked at a price of $2600 (with grats and insurance), then it went down to $2100, now it is down to $1800 plus change.

Both BOGOHO sales dropped our cruise price for this sailing.

The first one for our second sailing in December 2015 on Allure dropped from $3800 for two in a JS to $2500. It is now WAY WAY WAY WAY higher. I don't understand their methods!!!

I rechecked my 11/30 Allure for the solo D1, and now it is down to where I had booked it rather than $1300 more. It is now about $10 more than I paid.

So I can leave my imaginary friend at home this trip. Just as well, since he snores.

I am rather relieved to see your post because I was starting to think I had lost the plot (or needed new glasses) when I had checked the pricing for solos earlier in the day before they were corrected.

If I took an imaginary friend with me on the cruise I booked yesterday then I wouldn't have lost $6 from my OBC. :confused:

Also I have never seen taxes go up $2 within a few minutes :confused:

for the people that are posting savings have you just booked in the last 6 or so weeks?

Bill

Yes and no. the March 2015 FOS cruise was originally booked as a March 2015 Vision that we switched when everything started to go sour in Belize and Honduras. The Vision cruise had a BOGO on it when we switched, and we were able to keep the total cost the same by switching from a JS on Vision to a D2 on Freedom (same week). The new BOGO dropped the price by $566. The March 2016 cruise was originally on Brilliance with a BOGO from the initial sale, and we switched that 5-night (JS) to a 7-night(D2) on FOS. When the new BOGO was announced, the price dropped by $555, and the FOS cruise ended up at the same price as the 5-night Brilliance (same week).

Overall, the total cost dropped by $280.

talked to TA today regarding the $1000 off when booking choice air on our europe cruise next year and was told I'd have to cancel current reservation and rebook utilizing full current prices to get the deal (not including cancellation fees from TA). That would put me at nearly $700 more even with the $1000 off.

talked to TA today regarding the $1000 off when booking choice air on our europe cruise next year and was told I'd have to cancel current reservation and rebook utilizing full current prices to get the deal (not including cancellation fees from TA). That would put me at nearly $700 more even with the $1000 off.

If you booked without a TA can you get that deal now from booking the airline travel with choice air? We booked onboard our last cruise back in April for a cruise in 2015 but i want to combine this airfare deal.

Some major lack of savings on our future bookings with this sale. Prices are per person, 2 adults per room.

Explorer 5 Night 01/04/15
Category K
BOGOH1 - $203.50
BOGOH2 - $411.75

Freedom 7 Night 11/15/15
Category PR
BOGOH1 - $438.50
BOGOH2 - $640

Oasis 7 Night 02/20/16
Category B1
BOGOH1 - $743
BOGOH2 - $1049 :eek:

[quote name='jsquaredfl']If you booked without a TA can you get that deal now from booking the airline travel with choice air? We booked onboard our last cruise back in April for a cruise in 2015 but i want to combine this airfare deal.[/QUOTE]

wouldn't hurt to call RCI and ask. there has been success in the past with them doing this. If all else fails, couldn't you cancel your cruise and rebook without any monetary loss if not past final payment date?

[quote name='Theredofshaw']wouldn't hurt to call RCI and ask. there has been success in the past with them doing this. If all else fails, couldn't you cancel your cruise and rebook without any monetary loss if not past final payment date?[/QUOTE]

yeah, im on the phone with them right now, they are telling me that the deal for a 7 night alaska cruise is only $500? When i called earlier the rep didn't even know about the promotions going on. Im on hold while she gets clarification, its just frustrating when you have to go in circles like this. If they rebook my entire reservation it will save me a whopping $40 as of now..........

just got off the phone with them, turns out during the phone conversation the price of our cruise fare went up by $540 making it a $90 loss to go to the choice air offer..........seems awfully convenient to me. right now im paying $4k total for two people in a balcony cabin, when i price it out online i get about the same price, but on the phone its 1k more so i can't take advantage of this offer?

Really kinda pissed about this right now:mad:

[SIZE="4"][B]Hello all. I am curious to know if anyone has a personal experience with the cruise price watch site? I am new to this and i hear it is a great way to keep up with the prices since they notify you if they go up or down, without having to check the site every several days. Thank you for your help.[/B][/SIZE]

[quote name='yourvenezolano'][SIZE="4"][B]Hello all. I am curious to know if anyone has a personal experience with the cruise price watch site? I am new to this and i hear it is a great way to keep up with the prices since they notify you if they go up or down, without having to check the site every several days. Thank you for your help.[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

It works, with a few caveats. It doesn't always track GTY rates (Z,Y,X). It may miss some really short period (a few hours) price drops. It doesn't tell you about C&A and other discounts.

[quote name='jsquaredfl']yeah, im on the phone with them right now, they are telling me that the deal for a 7 night alaska cruise is only $500? When i called earlier the rep didn't even know about the promotions going on. Im on hold while she gets clarification, its just frustrating when you have to go in circles like this. If they rebook my entire reservation it will save me a whopping $40 as of now..........[/QUOTE]

according to RCI's homepage on the up to $1K deal, it applies to 7 night or longer Alaska, Europe, or Australia cruises as long as you have a balcony or suite.

[url]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=chc_gs_tctclp_thr_hm_cntntr_3586&pagename=august2014_three_ways_save#choiceair[/url]

(click the get details button)

[quote name='Theredofshaw']according to RCI's homepage on the up to $1K deal, it applies to 7 night or longer Alaska, Europe, or Australia cruises as long as you have a balcony or suite.

[url]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=chc_gs_tctclp_thr_hm_cntntr_3586&pagename=august2014_three_ways_save#choiceair[/url]

(click the get details button)[/QUOTE]

saw that.

[quote name='Theredofshaw']according to RCI's homepage on the up to $1K deal, it applies to 7 night or longer Alaska, Europe, or Australia cruises as long as you have a balcony or suite.

(click the get details button)[/QUOTE]

yeah, the issue though is that they jacked up the price so much that it costs me $90 after it because each fare went up $545. Then if you do the buy one get one free offer the second ticket is only a net of $40 cheaper. There is literally no benefit to this "sale" at all from what i see.

[quote name='jsquaredfl']yeah, the issue though is that they jacked up the price so much that it costs me $90 after it because each fare went up $545. Then if you do the buy one get one free offer the second ticket is only a net of $40 cheaper. There is literally no benefit to this "sale" at all from what i see.[/QUOTE]

These sales are not sales at all. People who are booking their first or second cruise might not be aware and book at these crazy prices.

Bill

I'm new to Royal Caribbean, so perhaps someone can offer clarification; I keep seeing people mention that only inexperienced cruisers would book at these "sale" prices. What is the disadvantage of booking, if you can simply get the price adjustment should better pricing come along?

[quote name='dental180']I'm new to Royal Caribbean, so perhaps someone can offer clarification; I keep seeing people mention that only inexperienced cruisers would book at these "sale" prices. What is the disadvantage of booking, if you can simply get the price adjustment should better pricing come along?[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with using the BOGOHO or the "kids" sail free.

If you find a price that works for you, BOOK IT!

You can get price drops right up until final payment date.

(final payment date is usually 75 days before sailing. If your cruise includes Christmas or NYE, then it's 90 days. If your cruise is 5 nights or fewer, it's 60 days)

:)

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']These sales are not sales at all. People who are booking their first or second cruise might not be aware and book at these crazy prices.

Bill[/QUOTE]

Some prices are up, but there are also some great deals around if you do your homework:rolleyes:

[quote name='dental180']I'm new to Royal Caribbean, so perhaps someone can offer clarification; I keep seeing people mention that only inexperienced cruisers would book at these "sale" prices. What is the disadvantage of booking, if you can simply get the price adjustment should better pricing come along?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. We have repriced one cruise since first Bogoho offer, and even booked a great bargain (for us) for spring break just yesterday:D it is all about knowing what to compare it too. And if price drops, then even better;)

[quote name='Spurschick']Some prices are up, but there are also some great deals around if you do your homework:rolleyes:

Agreed. We have repriced one cruise since first Bogoho offer, and even booked a great bargain (for us) for spring break just yesterday:D [COLOR="Red"]it is all about knowing what to compare it too.[/COLOR] And if price drops, then even better;)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure once us lowly gold members become Platinum plus we will have figured it out.:rolleyes:

Bill